Underground Mining Safety and Training Section Leader at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Underground Mining Safety and Training Section Leader to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will require to demonstrate self-directed application of theoretical, technical and practical knowledge to safely and efficiently an underground mine. Tasks performed involve a broad range of complex and non-routine activities along with coordination of resources to achieve goals.
Reporting to: OHST Technical Manager
Work Schedule: 14 Days On / 7 Days Off
- Develop the knowledge, skills and abilities of employees and associated personnel in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Provide support and assistance to the site for the resolution of safety and environmental issues and champion the consistent promotion of organizational policies, procedures and objectives and comply with organization safety reporting standards.
- Ensure compliance to leading indicators and execution of required leadership interaction with departments.
- Continuously improve the safety and training culture of the site.
- Ensure site associated personnel receive training and assessments that meet the competency requirements of Bulyanhulu systems.
- Deliver compliance to training plan / schedules in collaboration with line management.
- Underground Mining and Technical Training System
- Co-ordinate and Deliver Mobile Equipment, Drilling and Blasting and any other skills training sessions in line with the Bulyanhulu underground training needs analysis for specific roles.
- Compliance to the Training and Development related standard operating procedures.
- Complete on the job follow up and field assessments as per the Safety, Environmental, Quality and Training Management Plan.
- Certificate IV or similar Qualification in Workplace Training & Assessment
- Sound knowledge of technical area operations in Underground Metalliferous Mining.
- Qualified to operate all equipment for which training is conducted
- Formal Mines rescue Training
- 2 Experience in safety and training development
- 2 years’ experience in technical area of mining operations
- 1 year experience in a Supervisory Capacity
- Experience working in multi-cultural orientations
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Sound knowledge of relevant Standard Operating Procedures
- Knowledge of safety systems and Incident Investigation
- Knowledge of Hazard Identification and Risk Management
- Sound knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Proficient Computer skills – MS Office
- Exposure to co-ordination of Safety and Training teams in challenging underground working environments.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Method of Application
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “UNDERGROUND MINING SAFETY AND TRAINING SECTION LEADER” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 8th September 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com