UN Volunteer Environment & Climate Change at UN
- Company: UN
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Under the direct supervision of the Practice Specialist for the Energy and Climate Change portfolio, and the overall supervision of the Lead, Environment, Climate Change and Resilience Pillar, the International UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
• Assist in implementing UNDP programmes and projects in the areas of climate change and environment.
• Support effective management of the UNDP programme and projects within the Climate Change and environment – with special focus on blue economy as the country office is building its portfolio in this space.
• Pillar management focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the UNDP programme and projects.
• Assist in preparing project proposals for resource mobilization for project implementation.
• Participate in coordination meetings relating to climate change and environment activities and initiatives.
• Assist with knowledge building and management contributing to relevant knowledge networks and communities of practice.
A bachelors degree in the areas of Environment and or Climate Change is desired.
Atleast two years of practical work experience is desired but not mandatory, however the UNV is expected to have reasonable expertise in the areas of environment and climate change governance with specialized focus on institutional framework, policy setting, governance, capacity building at various levels, partnerships and resource mobilization to support implementation of various projects and programmes.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 6th August, 2021.