UG Safety Officer at Barrick / Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Barrick / Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Jobs in Tanzania - Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
JOB ADVERT – MECHANICAL SPECIALIST (1 VACANCY)
The role is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, repairing, and installation of all fixed plant mechanical equipment to ensure operations are safe, maximizing plant availability through sustainable and cost-effective ways, and minimizing operational risks.
The Bulyanhulu Team is seeking to recruit a Mechanical Specialist to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies, and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met. About Bulyanhulu Team
- Responsible for all Shaft Mechanical fixed assets and infrastructure, including but not limited to:
- Mine Winders, cages, skips, winding ropes, and attachments.
- Main Centrifugal and Screw Compressors and pipe columns.
- Main Surface ventilation fans.
- East & West Refrigeration plants, including BACs.
- Shaft headgear, surface silos, load-out stations, shaft stations, and vertical shaft infrastructure.
- Surface mine water ponds.
- All UG main pump stations, settlers, and mud presses.
- All UG tips, structures, rock breakers & finger raise chutes.
- Diesel generators.
- Surface & UG mechanical workshops.
- Conveyor belts.
- Fire hydrants and sprinklers.
- Lime and flocculent dozing plants.
- Shaft buildings & structures.
- Ensure all Winder & shaft-related equipment comply with MHSA.
- Planned, coordinate & execute mechanical-related projects and shutdowns.
- Manage PM compliance and prioritize duties towards the maintenance of equipment and services, budget setting and control, contractor management, and quality management.
- Assist the Operation management team in developing an operational plan for the year to support the mine in achieving throughput objectives
- Well experience in planning, controlling, and ensuring availability of spares required, according to the planned maintenance schedule.
- Liaise with the Operation management team regarding daily, weekly, and monthly progress to plan, budget, and employee resources.
- Oversee that all work practices are executed in compliance with legal requirements.
- Oversee the quality of workmanship and conduct regular inspections around the section and the operation.
- Plan daily, weekly, and monthly work requirements and priorities with the operational team.
- Oversee the development of a healthy spirit of co-operation within the section.
- Identify operational priorities within the section that would ensure the optimization of the section’s performance
- Allocate multi-task team members to Artisans when required to perform and ensure effective maintenance.
- Oversee that the required material, equipment, spares, and staff are available to achieve the output.
- Ensure all winders, fans, compressors, diesel generators, rock breakers, load outs, pump stations & fridge plants equipment is correctly loaded onto SAP.
- Compile accurate reports on winders, fans, compressors, rock breakers, load-outs, pump stations, fridge plants & BAC’s utilization & availability.
- Preparation of periodical reports as requested by management.
- Liaise with other departments and other Engineering & Maintenance sections, and interact with a view to improving the Maintenance Management system and productivity.
- Conform to Mining regulations in regards to statutory inspections and equipment safety certifications.
- Be vigilant of company assets, monitor, report, and action through the appropriate procedures, and activities resulting in the loss, misuse, or misappropriation of company assets.
- Oversee that documents are properly filled in, and the online filing
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Certificate (N6) in the field of Mechanical Engineering
- Experience and competencies needed
- 8 years of experience in a similar or relevant role
- Extensive knowledge of Winders, mine ventilation fans, pump stations, settlers, mud-presses, diesel generators, hydraulic systems, centrifugal & screw compressors, conveyor belts, rock breakers, load-out chutes, liners, and auxiliary equipment.
- At least 5 years of experience with Winders, ropes, shaft load outs, headgear, and vertical Shaft maintenance.
- Ammonia Refrigeration plants knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge and experience of SAP maintenance software will be an added advantage.
- English knowledge both written and verbal
- Experience in a similar job
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is well regarded
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to close teamwork
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th September , 2022.