TZ – Cultural Orientation Trainer (N) at Church World Service (CWS)
- Company: Church World Service (CWS)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position Title: Cultural Orientation Trainer
Reports To: Cultural Orientation Supervisor
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Department: Programs, Cultural Orientation
Job Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
Grade Level: Grade 4, Senior Assistant, National
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is primarily responsible for providing cultural orientation training to refugees approved for resettlement to the United States. Cultural Orientation Trainers conduct trainings in field locations in accordance with US Refugee Admission Program (USRAP) guidelines and RSC Africa CO standard operating procedures.
- Maintains a current knowledge of the US and US Refugee Admissions Program, adhering to all PRM, RPC, CWS and RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Participates in review of the CO pipeline by reviewing reports to determine CO ready cases in various locations and propose circuit ride activity to CO Supervisors.
- Prepares for cultural orientation circuit rides by reviewing information about participants to be trained, developing lesson plans specific to those participants. In collaboration with CO Program Assistants and other circuit ride team members, coordinate the gathering and packing necessary training materials, hiring interpreters and child minders, and printing class lists and name tags
- Conducts cultural orientation training in field locations both in person and remotely
- Assists in writing trip reports upon return from CO circuit rides in collaboration with other circuit ride team members for submission to CO supervisors and Program Manager.
- Assists with the logistical planning in collaboration with Logistics Unit and CO supervisors.
- Represents CWS/RSC Africa to partners in the field, ensures that standard operating procedures are being followed, and consults with CWS RSC Africa Leadership on matters of concern.
- Updates START in a timely manner to reflect participation in CO. Actively participates in circuit ride briefings and debriefings.
- Works on projects related to CO curriculum development, training materials development and other aspects of the CO division as assigned by Curriculum Development Supervisor
- Performs other duties which may be assigned by the CO Supervisors, CO Managers and or the CO Coordinator to enhance the efficiency and efficacy of the CO program.
- Four (4) years paid work experience required.
- Six (6) months experience in education or training required.
- Two (2) years work experience in any or a combination of the following is preferred: training; field work carrying out program activities; liaising with agency partners and/or vendors; logistical experience organizing field missions. Relevant experience in the United States strongly preferred. Experience working with refugees preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills in database systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the internet.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field required or four years of directly related experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa
- This position is based in Kasulu, Tanzania
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full Time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 1st September , 2022.