TZ-Cultural Orientation Program Assistant(N) at Church World Service (CWS)
- Company: Church World Service (CWS)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
The Cultural Orientation Program Assistant is a traveling position that provides classroom-based support for CO training activities in the field as well as remotely, including periodic co-teaching of adult, child, and youth refugees who will depart to the United States. The position provides CO teams with administrative and logistical support including payment of interpreters and childminders in field locations, updating case statuses in the START, and assisting in CO trip preparations. The position is also responsible for identification, production, auditing and replacement of materials and CO specific supplies needed for training.
- Co-teaches cultural orientation curricula to refugees who will depart to the United States alongside CO trainers and Senior Trainers. Co-teaches in field locations across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Produces/audits/replaces training materials under the direction of the Curriculum Development Supervisor and other CO Supervisors.
- Acts as point person for contractors hired for field and remote CO training activities including interpreters and childminders. Ensures they arrive on time for CO activities and are paid for services, escalating any concerns with said contractors to CO supervisors and CR POCs accordingly
- Conducts bi-annual audits of trainer material sets to ensure materials in use comply with approved curriculum guidelines. Acquires or develops missing materials as needed for trainers. Keeps track of training material stored in various IOM and UNHCR offices in CO processing locations.
- Liaises with the Curriculum Development Supervisor/GSO for the purchase or repair of needed CO materials and supplies including printing of materials.
- Responsible for scheduling and updating of eligible refugees in START.
- Issues Trainers with materials that have been approved by the Curriculum Development Supervisor and other CO Supervisors as needs arise.
- Ensures external training visual, audio and other training aids comply with copyright conditions.
- Liaises with translators to ensure quality translation of training materials and other documents.
- Any other duties assigned by RSC Africa management.
- Three (3) years of paid work experience is required
- One (1) year experience in training others or developing and presenting PowerPoint presentations is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, SQL, MS Publisher, CS Adobe and Power Point are required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Education & Certifications:
- High school diploma; or equivalent with four (4) years of paid work experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa
- This position is based in Kasulu, Tanzania
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full Time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 1st September , 2022.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE