Tuberculosis (TB) Services Manager at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions.
THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72067120CA00004 – Uhuru TB &FP LON Activity, aimed at improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens. The Activity will be implemented in Katavi, Kigoma, Rukwa and Songwe regions. THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
|Position Title:||Tuberculosis (TB) Services Manager|
|Reports to:||Deputy COP/Technical Director|
|Position Location:||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania|
Overall Job Function
The TB Services Manager is responsible for overall technical leadership and guidance in TB programming. Designs, plans and oversees implementation of TB services workplans in line with national guidelines and standards. Provides technical support to Central and Zonal teams, regional and health management teams (R/CHMTs), healthcare providers and other stakeholders to implement quality TB services. The position involves at least 40% field travel.
- Provide overall guidance to the technical teams in the area of TB interventions, implementation and ensure that the program interventions are in line with the National priorities, policies and guidelines
- Ensure the timely preparation and implementation of TB services work plans
- Design, plan and monitor the implementation of TB, multidrug resistance (MDR)TB activities across all supported health
- Coordinate the implementation of TB/HIV activities in compliance with national guidelines and provide leadership in implementation of the TB infection prevention control, detection and treatment of TB and MDR TB
- Participate in the coordination meeting at central level and provide updates on the implementation of TB and MDR TB interventions in the two
- Develop/adapt effective TB and MDR TB interventions and ensure that they are implemented in the project areas
- Conduct regular site visits and provide supportive supervision, clinical mentoring and data review to identify emerging needs and program challenges on TB
- Ensures all equipment and supplies for TB and MDR TB interventions are
- Represents THPS in the National and Regional meetings on TB and collaborates closely with NTLP to ensure program implementation is as per national
- Ensure timely drafting of all necessary technical reports; especially quarterly reports, and semi and annual reports
- Provide technical assistance to regional and district health management teams in establishing and strengthen under one-roof TB/HIV activities in THPS supported
- Prepare work plans and periodic progress reports including quarterly and annual reports on TB/HIV
- Perform any other duty as
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Doctor of Medicine degree
- Master of Public Health (MPH) is an added advantage
- A minimum of five years’ experience at senior level TB programming and
- Experience in working with USAID supported
- Substantive knowledge of current best practices in TB programs in Tanzania
- Ability to build strong partnerships with relevant stakeholders at national, regional and district
- Excellent documentation skills including drafting of reports, presentations and best
- Ability to work under pressure and timely meet
- Ability to plan, implement independently or in a
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ([email protected]) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.