Tribologist at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine / Barrick
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine / Barrick
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Tribologist to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Foreman – Engineering
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings
- Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand;
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Comply with chemical management standard operating procedure BUL-ENV-FOR-0003.
- Comply with tools validation/calibration as per OEM recommendation
- Adhere to laboratory standard operation procedure and guidelines
- Conduct metals test and analysis of results for fresh and used oils
- Conduct viscosity test and analysis of results for fresh and used oils
- Conduct particle count test and analysis of results for fresh and used oil as per ISO 4406 Standard
- Conduct flash point test and analysis of results for diesel new batches
- Conduct dissolve gasses test and analysis of results for transformer oil
- Conduct dielectric strength test and analysis of results for transformer oil
- Ensure report for analysis of results shared with maintenance team before machine is in for PM Service.
- Conduct any other tasks assigned by Foreman Asset Reliability
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
- Laboratory Technology – (FTC, Diploma
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 Years’ experience in Oil Analysis as Chemist/ laboratory Technician
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
- Must have good understanding of Basic Computer Skills
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “TRIBOLOGIST “ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 2rd September 2021 BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com