Transport Systems Intern at Institute for Transportation and Development Policy
- Company: Institute for Transportation and Development Policy
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Transport Systems Intern, Dar es Salaam
About the position
The Transport Systems Intern will provide support to the ITDP team over a three- to six-month period beginning in April 2022 in the form of field surveys, data analysis, mapping, and report preparation. Potential project areas will include BRT infrastructure design, service planning, business planning, and operations management, with additional assignments related to complete streets, parking management, and urban development. The Transport Systems Intern will be based in Dar es Salaam and will report to the Transport Systems Manager.
● Design and carry out transport surveys.
● Collect, process, and analyse transport data.
● Assist with mapping and setup of transport models.
● Preparation of conceptual designs for walking and cycling facilities and BRT corridors.
● Prepare project reports.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Current undergraduate or graduate student with an interest in sustainable transport.
● Familiarity with transport planning, including survey design and management; demand analysis; and network planning.
● Experience in street design and drafting using AutoCAD, spatial analysis using GIS software, and data analysis using Excel and Access.
● Familiarity with the Adobe suite preferred.
● Excellent writing skills in English and Swahili.
● Strong commitment to advancing ITDP’s mission and to environmental and social justice.
● Excellent research and analytical skills; enjoy working with numbers!
● Ability to communicate well, make powerful presentations.
● Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, even when under pressure.
● Ability to maintain high standards while contributing pragmatic ideas.
● Availability to travel frequently.
● Familiarity with transport survey design, data collection, and data processing.
Method of ApplicationTo apply please send the following information to [email protected] with “Transport Systems Intern, Tanzania” in the subject line.
● Samples of written work: thesis, etc.
● Samples of visual representations such as GIS maps or infographics.
● A one-page note on improving the transport system in your city
The position will remain open until filled.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE