Trainee Reservoir Engineers at PanAfrican Energy
- Company: PanAfrican Energy
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Trainee Reservoir Engineers
Reports to: Technical Manager
PanAfrican Energy Tanzania (PAET) is the leading integrated energy company in Tanzania, developing and supplying natural gas for the power, manufacturing and transportation sectors in the country.
A wholly owned subsidiary of Orca Energy Group Inc, PAET has been in the Tanzanian market since 2001 where it has been operating the Songo Songo natural gas field. PanAfrican Energy has a commitment to the development and efficient use of Tanzania’s natural gas resources. PAET is committed to working with key players to help alleviate Tanzania’s energy shortages and to partner in the development of the country’s energy resources.
As part of our committed to technology transfer to Tanzania workforce, PanAfrican Energy Tanzania is currently hiring Trainee Reservoir Engineer to develop the skills and knowledge required to contribute to our reservoir engineering team. This entry-level position will involve hands-on training, mentorship, and exposure to various aspects of reservoir engineering.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Support the principal PAET Reservoir Engineer in application of reservoir engineering principles, developing a deep understanding of reservoir behaviour, fluid dynamics, and simulation techniques.
- Assist in data analysis, collaborate with senior engineers to analyze reservoir data, well performance, and production trends.
- Contribute to reservoir modelling to build and update reservoir models to optimize field development plans.
- Support in design and interpretation of well tests and surveillance programs.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including geologists, geophysicists, projects and production engineers.
- Participate and prepare relevant materials for internal and external meetings.
- Other tasks in support of PAET and field development as may be necessary.
Key Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or a related field (master’s degree preferred).
- Strong academic background with a focus on reservoir engineering coursework
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities
- Familiar with KAPPA, IMEX, GAP, PROSPER, MBAL, Python, Excel VBA is an added advantage.
Method of ApplicationIf you have the required qualifications, applications should be submitted to the address below, or emailed to [email protected]. Applications after 8th December 2023 will not be considered.
Human Resources Manager PanAfrican Energy Tanzania Limited Oyster Plaza, 5th Floor, Haile Selassie Street
PO Box 80139
Dares Salaam or [email protected]