Tradesperson- Fitter Mechanics at Geita Gold Mining
- Company: Geita Gold Mining
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Tradesperson 1- Fitter Mechanics.
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time.
Department: Process Plant.
Reporting to: Supervisor Milling.
Number of Positions: Four (4)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The maintenance team at the process plant is responsible for execution of maintenance across all sections of the plant including crushing, milling, treatment, TSF, underground support services such as compressors and CAD plants and lastly raw water pumping stations such as in Nungwe Bay, Lone cone pit and Nyankanga dam.
Purpose of the role is to execute mechanical fitting works safely and responsibly within the process plant (i.e., Preventive, Maintenance, Repairs, Breakdowns, and Installation of new and replacement equipment). The role will be assigned to a specific section of the plant by the maintenance superintendent and will be working under the immediate supervision of the crew supervisor and the sections senior supervisor.
Form IV Secondary Education with VETA Qualification Grade I or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Mechanical Engineering
At least 3-5 years’ fitting experience the manufacturing, mining, or any related similar industry with specific experience in the following equipment:
- Big crushers – gyratory, cone
- Big mills – SAG and ball
- Hydraulic drives – apron feeders etc
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Safety Health and Environment (HSE): Take responsibility of your own health and safety by:
- Observing all HSE Policies and Procedures relevant to the job in hand.
- Mini risk assessment – continuously think about and plan job before commencement
- Always use correct tooling
- Utilize all necessary permits where required
- Tag out and report any unsafe equipment immediately
- Report all incidents immediately and participate in investigations and remediation activities
- Remove all scrap or left-over materials immediately and ensure good housekeeping in area of responsibility.
- Taking care of your own personal protective equipment (PPE)
2. Maintenance Execution: Carry out all maintenance duties including:
- Routine inspection of a range of different Fixed Plant equipment to ensure they are functioning correctly.
- Carrying out planned and unplanned (breakdowns etc.) maintenance tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Troubleshooting faults and repairing equipment as needed
- Report any lost or damaged tooling
- Be physically and mentally fit and hard working
- Possession of Basic Trade Skills
- Able to read, understand and utilize all plant technical manuals
- Specialized training on various pieces of equipment as required
- Computer Literacy – Proficiency in Microsoft Office products / Basic Computer Skills
- Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving License Class B and D
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking APPLY button below.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th September , 2021.