Tradesperson 1 – UG Mechanic at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Tradesperson 1 – UG Mechanic
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Reporting to: Supervisor – UG Maintenance
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role is responsible for execution of all planned and unplanned maintenance tasks and release the equipment safely to the mining operation teams.
- A Minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with either of the following additional qualifications:
- VETA Level Three / Grade one
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Automotive / Mechanical Engineering and above.
- Minimum of two -years and above working experience in Mining industry and must possess the following:
- Experience in the maintenance of Heavy Mining Equipment (Caterpillars Machines) such as Dump Truck AD55/60, Loader R2900G , 12H Motor Grader, and Sandvik Underground Equipment’s Jumbo DD420-60C, DD420-60, SOLO DL430-7, Cubex , Charmec1610B and IT4016/17.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Be able to adhere to all safe working practices and procedures in the HME Ug Workshop, Underground services and GGM at Large
- Conduct PM (Preventive Maintenance) and inspection on equipment to identify damages, defects and document on the inspection register and submit to your supervisor for more actions.
- Execute all mining equipment maintenance tasks assigned following approved work procedures.
- Ensure all tasks are performed safely according to GGM safety standards and procedures.
- Repair equipment and report completion of tasks to Senior Supervisor
- Maintain good housekeeping at all time
- Report to Supervisor any unsafe equipment immediately
- Ensure that the work is performed to the OEM’S as a minimum standard and ensure quality of work to increase up time after the equipment is released to production
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision both at workshop and Underground
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be physical and mentally fit.
- Be a team player
- Able to use maintenance manual book
- Possess valid Tanzanian driving license
- Driving competency (Must have a valid Tanzanian license)
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Tradesperson 1 – UG Mechanic”
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 26th October 2021 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th October, 2021.