Tradesperson 1 – Fitter Mechanics at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Tradesperson 1 – Fitter Mechanics
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – Infrastructure Mechanical
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide day to day mechanical maintenance services to the Mine Site Infrastructure including fire pumps, submersible pumps, sewage pumps, site infrastructure mechanical equipment, pipe fittings, HDPE Pipe Welding (But Fusion and Electrofusion), water pumps, bore hole pumps. The role will also involve safe execution of mechanical fittings works including PM Services, Maintenance, Repairs, Breakdowns, and Installation of new and replacement equipment on non-process plant related infrastructures.
- Minimum: VETA Trade Test Certificate Grade One / Level three in Fitter Mechanics
- Added advantage: Diploma / Full Technician in Mechanical Engineering
- 2 to 3 years working experience as a Fitter Mechanic preferably in Mining Industry, Petrochemical Industry or Breweries.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Learn, understand, and follow AGA Health, Safety and Security Policies and Procedures
- Install, repair, and maintain mechanical equipment in safe and reliable condition
- Service various equipment machines for infrastructure facilities
- Examine all bearings as required.
- Assemble and fit various plant equipment (pumps, valves and pipes) to improve mine site infrastructure performance
- Perform scheduled inspections on pumps and mine site infrastructure systems
- Performs ad hoc maintenance works on pumps and pipe works
- Excellent in Pipe work fittings, HDPE, Steel, PVC pipes and pumps
- Demonstrate Leadership and good teamwork.
- Must be able to solve problems and a commitment to deliver
- Be physically and mental fit and hard working
- Read and interpret Service and Spare parts manuals and make technical drawings
- Computer Literate – Proficiency in Microsoft Office products / Basic Computer Skills
- Be able to work under pressure with zero supervision
- Willing to attend standby and call – out duties.
- Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving License Class B and D
- Be able to carry tasks with minimum supervision
- Be able to understand instructions both in Swahili and English languages
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th May, 2022.