Tradesperson 1- Electrician at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Tradesperson 1- Electrician.
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time.
Department: Process Plant.
Rep Reporting to: Supervisor Electrical.
Number of Positions: Three (3)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The maintenance team at the process plant is responsible for execution of maintenance across all sections of the plant including crushing, milling, treatment, TSF, underground support services such as compressors and CAD plants and lastly raw water pumping stations such as in Nungwe Bay, Lonecone pit and Nyankanga dam.
The purpose of the role is to execute electrical maintenance duties safely and responsibly within the process plant (i.e., Preventive, Maintenance, Repairs, Breakdowns, and Installation of new and replacement equipment). The role will be assigned to a specific section of the plant by the maintenance superintendent and will be working under the immediate supervision of the crew supervisor and the sections senior supervisor.
- Form IV or Form VI Secondary Education with VETA Qualification Grade I or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Two (2) years and above experience in Mining Processing plant or in similar position in industrial electricity work.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Safety Health and Environment (HSE): Take responsibility of your own health and safety by:
- Observing all HSE Policies and Procedures relevant to the job in hand.
- Mini risk assessment – continuously think about and plan job before commencement
- Always use correct tooling
- Utilize all necessary permits where required
- Tag out and report any unsafe equipment immediately
- Report all incidents immediately and participate in investigations and remediation activities
- Remove all scrap or left-over materials immediately and ensure good housekeeping in area of responsibility
- Taking care of your own personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Electrical Maintenance Execution:
- All planned electrical work to be completed timeously and as planned – includes all electrical distribution and switch gear equipment, transformers, MCCs, electrical motors, lighting, and new installations
- Conduct regular inspections on electrical equipment and infrastructure
- Attend to, and fix electrical faults and breakdowns (troubleshooting)
- Installing and maintaining electrical systems, equipment, and devices
- Using and maintaining hand and power tools, such as screwdrivers, pliers, and drills
- Repairing wiring systems
- Installing electrical conduits, cables, tubing
- Testing equipment, instruments, and systems
- Demonstrate Leadership and good teamwork must be able to solve problems.
- Be able to work under pressure with zero supervision
- Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st September , 2021.