Tourism Delivery Manager at State University of Zanzibar
- Company: State University of Zanzibar
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Tanzania
The Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar invites applications from suitably qualified and competent aspirants to be considered to fill the vacant posts of the newly established Presidential
Delivery Bureau of the President’s Office Zanzibar, Tanzania. Duration of Contracts is two (2) years. The reporting Authority of all posts is to the Chief Executive Officer save the CEO who shall report to the Chief Secretary.
Position: TOURISM DELIVERY MANAGER
Required Qualification and Expertise
A reputable transformative leader with a proven track record and experience of conducting similar assignment in other developing countries, with the following qualifications, experience, and competencies:
- Master’s Degree or above in Hospitality Sector, Tourism, Economics, International Business, International Relations, or related Social Science.
- At least 5 years’ managerial leadership role in an organization particularly in tourism sector or hospitality in general
- At least 5 years’ experience in sectorial reforms, leadership development, strategic management, development management, results-based management.
- Proven track record of successfully driving transformation either in the public or private sector.
- Must have good negotiation skills.
- An understanding of Zanzibar’s political and economic environment, preferably with established relationships and networks.
- Strong facilitation, communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations in multicultural environment.
- Proficiency in computers and Microsoft Office Suite is required. Demonstrate high level strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong written and spoken language skills is required. (English and Swahili) xii. Willingness to travel frequently in Zanzibar and Tanzania
Duties and Responsibilities of the Tourism Delivery Manager
The Tourism Delivery Manager is the head of Tourism sectoral manager who has an overall management of the sector and unit. He is responsible for building alignment, ensuring high performance and timely delivery on the key priorities of the government. He/she is responsible to:
- Provide strategic advice to Chief Executive Officer and other senior government officials on key delivery agenda and priority areas.
- To lead the sector and focal persons in setting the priority areas in the sector, objectives, and targets, improving operations and methodologies and in affirming its unique role as one of strategic sector.
- To lead the PDB sectoral unit in shaping its direction, setting objectives and targets, improving operations and methodologies and in affirming its unique role in the performance management and delivery.
- To develop and recommend transformational agenda and sustainable change of culture, within the ‘whole of government’ approach.
- To align the tourism sector with other macroeconomic sector and spearhead design, implementation and timely delivery of priority projects related with the sector that would contribute to transformative, sustainable, and tangible outcomes and impacts in the broad priority sectors.
- To reports to the Chief Executive Officer and update him regularly on delivery priorities, progress against targets, emerging issues, and recommendations on the way forward.
- Facilitate strengthening of the government’s delivery capacity in achieving the Presidential promise for transformation and sustainable development in the isles. Facilitate knowledge transfer and creation of a strong team of internal experts (coaches and facilitators) who can influence transformation of systems, mindset, and culture in MDAs. ix. Analyse, share lessons and best practices of exemplary models in accelerating public service delivery.
- To coordinate, align and engage with other experts and consultants in applying transformative leadership and rapid results methodologies.
- Engage with development partners and other key stakeholders, on financing of priority projects in Zanzibar.
TERMS OF SERVICE
- Applicants must attach copies of relevant academic certificates, current curriculum vitae, letters of recommendation from two (2) outstanding academic/work referees and indicate reliable contacts.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants under Public service employment MUST forward their application letters through their respective employers. Failure to do that will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Certificates from Foreign Examination Bodies for Ordinary or Advanced Level Education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and for Technical Education should be verified by National Council for Technical Education (NACTE). This is only for Tanzanians.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). This is only for Tanzanians. vi. Applicants with disability are advised to indicate their special needs. vii. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview.
Method of ApplicationApplications should be addressed to-
The Vice Chancellor
State University of Zanzibar
P.O. Box 146, Zanzibar-Tanzania
All applications should be submitted before 25 May, 2022.