Topographical Surveyor at Tanroads Kagera
- Company: Tanroads Kagera
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kagera Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Tanzania
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS), is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of the Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this, it is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations and Airport Construction.
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) for and on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania entered into a Contract for the Upgrading of Bugene – Kasulo (Benaco) – Kumunazi Road (128.5km) to Bitumen Standard, Lot 2: Bugene – Burigi Chato National Park Section (60.0 km)
Contract No: TRD/HQ/1041/2021/22
The Regional Manager’s office TANROADS – Kagera, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS intends to recruit qualified and competent Staff to fill the following vacant posts on contracts bases within the Region.
Successful applicants must be ready to work for considerable lengths of time in Kagera Region within the project area if situation warrant.
Position Tittle: Topographical Surveyor (1 Post)
The Topographical Surveyor shall be fully responsible for conducting and supervising the survey team. He/she will be responsible for planning of the fieldwork, select known survey reference points, and determine the precise location of important features in the survey area. He/she shall be responsible for searching legal records, look for evidence of previous references survey points (geodetic reference points and national benchmarks) and analyse the data to determine the location of boundary lines and record the results of the survey, verify the accuracy of data, and prepare plans, maps and reports.
She/he must possess a minimum of Advanced Diploma in Land Surveying. She/he must be a registered Land Surveyor. She/he must have six(6)years specific experience in road design and construction. She/he must have served in at least two (2) road construction projects in the Last 6 years. In addition, he/she must have a working experience of at least 3 years in Sub-Sahara countries. Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory
- Applicants must attach an up – to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificate;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Birth certificate;
- Submission of the following documents is strictly not acceptable; –
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts
- An applicant should indicate three relevant referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary, Advanced level or universities/colleges should be authenticated by the National respective organs (NECTA, NACTE or TCU).
- A signed APPLICATION LETTER should either be in Swahili or English.
- ANY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Only short-listed candidates will be informed for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will render to necessitate legal action;
Method of ApplicationALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTED TO THE ADDRESS BELOW
Tanzania National Roads Agency,
P.O. Box 2,
Deadline for application is 26/05/2022 at 16.30 hrs. local time