TL – Enterprise (Servers, Storage & Data Centre) at DTB Bank
- Company: DTB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The IT Server, Storage & Backup Specialist will be required to design, install, configure, conduct tests, manage, monitor, support, and troubleshoot all server, storage & backup components of the Bank’s Data Center, disaster recovery site and other remote locations.
Shall be tasked with the Inspection of work undertaken by contractors, vendors and the Bank’s personnel for conformity with acceptable specifications and quality standards.
- Oversees the infrastructure platform for the bank’s data center servers, networks and storage fabric, inclusive of ongoing architecture, management, and business continuity strategies for the same.
- Leads the migration to new technologies, evaluates processing performance relating to machine utilization and reliability, and forecasts financial, physical, and human resource needs to meet established objectives.
- Designs, builds, configures, installs, monitors and supports the physical and virtual server environment, including various platforms and vendors for the entire Bank estate.
- Designs, configures, manages and monitors highly scalable physical and virtual storage environment, including multiple SAN’s, NAS’s and other storage devices for the entire Bank estate.
- Patch management – monitor all servers to make sure all the latest critical updates are successfully installed on them – and to put in quotas and any settings that increase efficiency and uptime.
- Monitor all the bank’s networks to ensure optimum uptime; follow up with vendors to ensure that any issues are addressed promptly.
- Designs, configures, manages and monitors data backup environment, including off-site disaster recovery, tape libraries, and file recovery utilizing multiple vendor solutions.
- Installs, configures, tests and updates server operating systems and related server-class software and monitoring systems.
- Provides infrastructure support for enterprise applications, including meeting with business and application owners to define requirements prior to project implementation.
- Creates and updates documentation and diagrams for the server, storage & backup environments and ensures audit compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, computer engineering, MIS or related field, preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT Security, Hardware, Software, both Local and Wide Area networks.
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in information security, hardware, software, networking, telecommunications and database management.
- Report developing skills.
- Data Center Network integration and operation experience.
- Experience in Network design, auditing, and implementation.
- Understanding of Data Center networks as well as application access and flow.
- Very high-level expertise in Network troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of data networking including TC/IP, UDP, RTP and routing protocols.
- Working knowledge of Firewalls and Proxies.
- Very high analytical skills and an understanding of complex data center networking.
- Network/Availability Management knowledge.
- SLA Management knowledge.
Method of ApplicationApplications should be submitted to [email protected]
DTB is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing Date : 21st July, 2023.