Terms of Reference for Provisions of Translation at Solidaridad
- Company: Solidaridad
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
- About the organization
Solidaridad strives to be an organization that understands the signs of modern times, seeking to be a Civil Society Organization (CSO) with its own place and role in society, while simultaneously interacting with Governments and markets. The organization envisions a world in which all we produce, and all we consume can sustain us while respecting the planet, and the next generations. Solidaridad embraces the public-private and people partnerships (PPPP) in order to test innovations, speeding up change and take success to scale. Globally Solidaridard,works around livestock and Diary plus other 12 commodities (http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org).
- About the project
Solidaridad East and Central Africa, Tanga fresh,Tanga Dairy Cooperatives Union and Mruazi Heifer Breeding Unit are implementing the project titled: Dairy 2025 Business driven and climate smart farming in Tanga . The project is supporting 6000 small holder farmers in Tanga region with the aim of doubling their milk production and income by 2025. In addition, the project introduced modern technology that helps to improve practices in farming The modern technology includes a tailor made farm app that will make it easy for the farmer to monitor different farm services and data management while the off takers will be able to access farmer information from the app.
- Objective & Scope of work
Solidaridad is seeking to enter Short Term Arrangements with companies/ individual to provide quality, timely and professional translation services from English to Swahili for app that shall be used by the farmers to fill in specific information for the aim of improving their data management. The app is approximately to have 27,950 English words that need to be translated in Kiswahili.
- Process and deliverables
Fully translated app. The service provider will submit soft copy of a clean app. A consultant should ensure jargon free language content ensuring no language errors, structure is improved, and such that the meaning and understanding of all principles and analysis presented in the documents reflect their true sense
- Qualification, Skill and attributes. Or Specialized Knowledge
- Minimum five years of professional experience in translation & editing including interpretation
- Demonstrated experience in translating professional documents;
- Outstanding translation and editing skills in Kiswahili and English;
- Past work with Solidaridad will be an advantage.
5.Proven experience of translation/interpretation services;
- Experience working with international development organizations is desirable;
8.Demonstrate effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner.
- SimultaneousTranslation Terms:
- Ensure that the translation text is technically, linguistically and grammatically correct, error free and meets high quality standards, without requiring further editing after completion of the translation.
- Professional translation from English to Swahili languages.
- Provide accurate and timely translation to the satisfaction of Solidaridad standards.
- Observe confidentially and refrain from divulging any information about the content of the text.
- Return the original of the documents to Solidaridad after completion of the services.
- Translation shall be done within the stipulated deadlines in the work order.
- Maximum percentage margin of errors per page should not be more than 3 %.
- The translated materials should be provided to Solidaridad after completion of the required services in a hard copy and a soft copy (flash disc)
- Fees will be paid upon actual provision of services, and after submission of invoice for the payment. Payments will be wired to bank accounts
- Confidentiality Statement
All data and information received from Solidaridad for the purposes of this assignment are to be treated confidentially and only be used in the execution of this TOR. All intellectual property rights, including all reports, arising from the execution of this TOR shall be assigned to Solidaridad. The contents of written materials obtained and used in this assignment may not be disclosed to any third parties without the expressed
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send a CV, with a covering letter explaining how their experience addresses the requirements of the TOR and financial proposal quoting price per word and total amount. Expression of interest should be sent to; [email protected] with the subject line; Terms of Reference for Provisions of Translation.
The deadline for this TOR is 20/03/2021 Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification and only successful candidate will be contacted.