Temporary Research Coordinators (5) at EGPAF
- Company: EGPAF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Temporary
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Job Title: Temporary Research Coordinators (5)
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Manager Evaluation Research
Location: Dar es Salaam
Job grade: 6
EGPAF is implementing two evaluations on HIV services and patient satisfaction. Both are prospective follow-up of enrolled patients, using phone surveys. Duties will involve recruiting eligible participants and conducting study interview with them. Participants in one survey will be interviewed over approximate 30-day periods spread over about 11 months (three survey rounds– about 30 days in months 1-2, 30 days in months 5-5, and 30 days in months 9-10). Participants in the other survey will be interviewed at baseline, and again about 12 months later. Phone interviews will be conducted from EGPAF’s country offices in Dar Es Salaam.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities will largely focus on:
- Training in protection of human subjects (ethics) and all study procedures
- Calling participants and interviewing them, entering data onto an electronic tool
- Updating and keeping an enrollment log
- All RCs will submit daily or weekly reports detailing their hours completed and achievement of work targets, and any relevant study documentation, as stipulated by EGPAF.
- Work will be compensated at a daily allowance rate, subject to tax.
Education & Experience
- Must have at least an advanced diploma/degree in either of the following: sociology, statistics, medical or related field
- Prior experience working with EGPAF or another international NGO on research data collection through structured interviews is preferred
- Proficiently with computers
- Must be fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Prior experience with conducting phone interviews is an added advantage
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of HIV services, PMTCT, MCH, pediatric and adolescent HIV care and treatment
- Experience working with R/CHMT on pediatric, adolescent, MNCH, and ASRH
Method of Application
- Interested candidate should email their application with the subject line: Temporary Research Coordinator your name.
- EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to: [email protected]
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai
Kibaki Road, Morocco.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Closing date: July 6, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.