Technician (Mechanical) at Shirika La Nyumbu (Tatc)
- Company: Shirika La Nyumbu (Tatc)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Pwani Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Shirika La Nyumbu (Tatc)
Tanzania Automotive Technology Centre (TATC) synonymously known as “Shirika la Nyumbu” was formally established on the 14th December 1985 through a Presidential Order, made under the Public Corporations Act 1969. TATC’s mission is to develop a reputable capacity for automotive engineering by conducting research and innovation, technology transfer and quality assurance services.
TATC is wholly owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Defence and National Service (MoDNS).
TATC seeks to recruit intelligent and result-oriented Tanzanians with high integrity to fill 20 vacant posts mentioned below:-
TECHNICIAN II (MECHANICAL)-1 POST
Report to: Chief Prototype Workshop Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- To operate machine tools such as lather, milling, boring, grinding, drilling and gear cutting machines.
- To calculate and set special machine tool operations e.g gear generation setting parameters and numerical control machines programming.
- To assist junior Artisans in the interpretation of complex manufacturing engineering drawings.
- To identify machine tool malfunction for proper reporting
- To monitor and control work in progress and ensure proper use of machineries, equipments and tools.
- To prepare production process control programmes and work schedules and ensures their applicability.
- To undertake safety measures of production personnel machine tools material handling and other facilities.
A holder of FTC/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from recognized institution.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Applicants must attach an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- The title of the position applied should be written in the subject of the application letter marked on the envelope.
- Applicant must attach their relevant certified copies of academic certificates, one recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Applicants who currently employed in the Public Service should route the application letters through their respective employers.
Method of ApplicationApplication letter should be written in Swahili or English.
Application should be sent to the undersigned not later than 12nd August, 2021 at 4.00 PM
The Director General,
Private Bag, Nyumbu- Kibaha, PWANI.
Tel: 0738 341 330/0738 309 363
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date of interview.
Remuneration will be according to TATC Scheme of Service.