Technician 1 – Ore Control at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technician 1 – Ore Control.
Contract type & Duration: Fixed Term Contract (Two Years)
Re Reporting to: Supervisor – Mine Geology
Number of Positions: Four (04)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the role is to assist Mine geologist to manage ore accounting, ore mining supervision from Open Pit to respective destinations at various designed stockpiles and ore rehandling to
- Diploma in Geology and / or Exploration Geology from recognized Institute.
- Must possess Class D and/ or above Tanzanian driver’s license.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Minimum of two (2) years geology experience in the mining and/or exploration working environment
- Knowledge of open pit ore accounting and ore management will be added advantage.
M MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensuring that all geology work is undertaken in a safe, healthy, and environmentally friendly manner
- All safety concerns are reported per GGM standard
- Prepare and organize all resources required for ore spotting in the pit and Rom pad management for smooth shift operation
- Assist Mine Geologist in controlling Ore Loss and ore Dilution and record ore material movements by ensuring end-up on correct destination
- Assist Mine geologist to collect grab samples from various active mining faces and stockpiles for grade performance checks.
- Ensuring all grade control drilling samples are collected from drilling site to geology dispatching Yard without violating QAQC standards
- Maintain proper communication between ROM pad ore controller, truck operators, Excavator Operators, and other stakeholders
- To ensure all ore material mined from Open Pit to Satellite ROM Pad are correctly recorded and directed to correct destination.
- To ensure all safety and work Reports are submitted to Mine Geology Supervisor at the end of each shift
A ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong results oriented and ability to consistently deliver on the plan.
- Committed to safe work practices in the mining environment
- Capable of working under minimal supervision with a systematic logical approach, in the field.
- Practically organized and ability to plan, lead, and control assigned tasks
- A positive work attitude with good interpersonal skills
- Physical fitness and mentally fit for field work.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th February, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE