Technician 1 – Electrical at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technician 1 – Electrical
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Re Reporting to: Senior Electrical Supervisor.
Number of Positions: Two (02)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The core aim of this role is to assist the maintenance Electrical Senior Supervisor by completing all task assignments and all electrical maintenance activities site wide in the Electrical Section so that it can optimize production at a reasonable cost. By using correct work methods and safety precautions, to the required quality standard, completing tasks on time, and effectively using the resources given for each task. Task’s assignments include housekeeping, inspections, electrical maintenance and repair works, and other assignment related to all electrical infrastructure facilities.
- Form IV or Form VI Secondary Education with VETA Qualification Grade I or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in similar position in mining or related industries
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Observe all Safety requirements relevant to the job in hand
- Report / Tag out any unsafe equipment immediately
- Utilize all necessary permits where required.
- Remove all scrap or left-over materials immediately
- Put /Store all equipment in its proper place.
- Carry out work as required or directed and report unsafe equipment immediate.
- Always maintain a SAFE work environment
- All planned Electrical to be completed in set time as planned
- Electrical workplace (mine wide) to be always kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure all Electrical equipment is always available in a safe and maintained state.
- Maintaining all electrical distribution networks and switch gear equipment, MCC’s and electrical motors mine wide specifically: –
– All lighting and general power
– mine Medium and Low Voltage distribution network
– Electrical switchgears and transformer
– All switch room (MCC’s)
– All MV and LV Variable Frequency Drivers (VFD’s)
– All telemetry Systems
– All fire detection systems
– All Air Conditioning equipment
– Kitchen Equipment
– Medical equipment
- Doing regular inspections of equipment, repairs, and equipment replacement mine wide.
- Attend and fix electrical faults accordingly.
- Always use correct tooling
- Report any lost or damaged tooling
- To attend and participate in Regular departmental Safety and Toolbox meetings
- Think about job before commencement – Mini risk assessment
- Complete all service/Work order sheets
- Demonstrate Leadership and good teamwork. Must be able to solve problems.
- Be physically and mental fit and hard working
- Good grasp of both Spoken and Written English.
- Read and interpret Service and Spare parts manuals and make technical drawings
- Computer Literate – Proficiency in Micro Office products / Basic Computer Skills
- Be able to work under pressure with zero supervision
- Willing to attend standby and call – out duties.
- Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving Licence Class B and D
- Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th January , 2022.