Technician 1- Condition Monitoring at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technician 1- Condition Monitoring
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Re Reporting to: Engineer 2 – Reliability.
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To Assist underground equipment Reliability Engineer to deliver targets set through condition monitoring activities. Dedicate all the effort in ensuring that the Mobile and fixed equipment are reliable by providing an onsite day to day monitoring on key components for maintenance strategic decision making. The Ultimate output of this role is to monitor mobile and fixed equipment onsite by providing and implementing equipment reliability strategy through condition monitoring programs, you will be reporting directly to Reliability Engineer.
- Technical school graduate or equivalent.
- Diploma in Mechanical/Automobile engineering or above is added advantage.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Minimum 1 year experience in mining industry preferably Assert Reliability monitoring with key focus on both Fixed and Heavy Mobile Plant.
- Knowledge in reliability engineering courses vibration analysis, infrared thermograph etc.
MAI MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Set up a mechanical/Electrical- predictive maintenance program including vibration analysis, infrared Thermograph, precision alignment and Ultrasound Testing, Dye Penetrant Testing Inspection, Magnetic Particle Inspection, interpreting oil results due analysis.
- Determine the appropriate test procedure(s) for various pieces of equipment.
- Enter equipment nameplate and bearing information into system.
- Monitors equipment used in Mining industry both Fixed and mobile equipment.
- Ability to use various Monitoring equipment including computerized vibration data collector thermography camera, sound analyzer, ultrasonic thickness gauge etc.
- Ability to perform inspection of components using MPI, LPI and Ultrasonic Flaw detection.
- Assists in balancing and alignment.
- Monitors and collects oil and grease samples.
- Assists in preparing action notes and reports.
- Be able to follow monitoring checklists and workorders.
- Be able to identify problems in lube systems, leaks, change in lube colour etc.
- Demonstrate work behaviors consistent with the AGA company values.
- Complete all weekly condition monitoring Plan.
- Report any tool malfunction, damage, or reallocation.
- Ensure all tools are calibrated.
- Keep the tools in safe place and always clean.
- Keep all the tools are updated with any technology consequences.
- Protect and register all tools.
ADD ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Written and verbal communication skill.
- Able to interact with a team.
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE