Technical Sector Specialist – Livestock at BRAC
- Company: BRAC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflictprone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in 2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood
About the Programme
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create a positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches will be delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They will have the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engage in advocacy issues.
BRAC International will implement an integrated and holistic model to address the various life cycles of a young woman living in poverty, ensuring she is able to transition safely from adolescence to adulthood. She will be equipped with the appropriate skills, tools, and access to finance to effectively exercise her agency and build a fulfilling and productive livelihood.
In preparation for the launch, BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and selfmotivated individuals to fill the following position in BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
Technical Sector Specialist – Livestock (AD# MCFBMT-2212)
This position is responsible to provide overall technical leadership and technical assistance to all branches under a region to achieve all livestock related activities with quality. Supervise and follow-up all PA (Livelihood)s livestock related activities to improve service delivery quality with staff capacity building.
- Develop all livestock related training plan and module as per project design.
- Help to ensure achievement of all livestock related programmatic targets with quality as per AOP.
- Keep close relationship with operations part and provide feedback to improve project quality.
- Facilitate staff`s capacity building trainings on livestock and participants level trainings.
- Help project participants in their job placement and improve family level income.
- Follow up PA (livelihood)s activities with project participants to improve project quality.
- Coordinate with government and other service providers in livestock related issues and to develop livestock status
- Record all success stories for project documentation.
- Help project management to set proper AOP for the project.
- Attend all possible level (Branch to country) of staff meetings.
- Check MIS and financial reports and other reports for data validation and accuracy.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation
- Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same
- Master’s degree (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in Livestock, agriculture, forestry or other relevant fields
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Good communication, facilitation and representation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and manage institutional relationships
- 2+ Years working experience in providing technical support especially on livestock related activities, training facilitation with module development.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
Method of ApplicationIf you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at: [email protected]
Please mention the name of the position and AD# ………………. in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: 30th Sept 2022
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.