Technical Officer – TB Services at EGPAF
- Company: EGPAF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tabora, Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Title: Technical Officer – TB Services
Department: Project Management
Reports To: Senior Strategic Results Manager
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Technical Officer TB services (TO-TB) is a highly committed, self-motivated, and result-oriented individual. S/he will coordinate and supervise the implementation of TB and TB/HIV services within the region, towards effective and sustainable implementation. S/he will provide regional level technical assistance, mentorship, and supervision of the supported TB and TB collaborative activities, including designing and supporting the implementation of innovative approaches to ensure high quality and integrated TB and TB/HIV collaborative activities across the supported councils and facilities. S/he will be part of the Regional Acceleration Strategy team and will ensure effective collaboration with various technical officers while providing guidance and technical assistance to RTLCs and DTLCs in line with the government of Tanzania (NTLP) guidelines. The TO-TB will lead on documentation and sharing of best practices in TB and TB/HIV collaborative activities in their respective regions. The TO-TB will report to the Senior Strategic Results Manager – RAS, with a dotted reporting line for technical oversight to the Senior Technical Advisor TB Services
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Leading and coordinating TB and TB/HIV collaborative activities in the region and councils including planning, implementation, monitoring, documentation, and reporting
- Build capacity of HCPs to improve TB case finding including TB screening, linkage to diagnosis and treatment
- Support councils to strengthen hub-and-spokes model for TB diagnostics, supporting utilization of GeneXpert and LED microscopy
- Support facilities to establish client-centered service delivery models, including community contact tracing
- Support facilities to enhance pediatric TB case finding and treatment.
- Support provision of quality TB screening and TB Preventive Treatment (TPT) services
- Supporting councils to implement quality MDR -TB services
To be successful, you will have:
- Degree or advanced diploma in medicine, nursing, or related field with relevant national registration
- A Master’s degree in public health or a related field is an added advantage
- Experience of working with regional and council health management teams (RHMTs &CHMTs)
- At least 2 years of experience working in public health programs/ services
- At least 3 years of experience in implementation and management of TB and TB/HIV services
- Ability to write reports, best practices, and lessons learned
Bonus points if you have:
- Excellent command of English and Swahili languages in written and Oral communication.
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and the internet
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve . Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) began supporting HIV and AIDS programming in Tanzania in 2003 and established a country office in 2004. Ever since, in close collaboration and partnership with the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and Presidents Office Regional Administration and Local Government, EGPAF expanded scope to supporting quality comprehensive and integrated HIV, GBV, TB and Family planning services in the supported regions. Recently, EGPAF in collaboration with consortium partners Amref Health Tanzania, Engender Health, D-tree International and Matchboxology won the U.S. Agency for International Development
(USAID)/Tanzania Afya Yangu Northern is designed around client – centred approaches to address gaps in HIV, TB and Family Planning (FP) service delivery, while continuously building and transferring the capacity of local stakeholders for sustainable and country- led ownership. USAID Afya Yangu Northern will focus on intensely on direct service delivery across all regions in early project years, ensuring that gaps to epidemic control are identified, and tailored solutions are designed to meet the needs of vulnerable populations
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B).
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact [email protected]
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th January, 2023.