Technical Director of Programs at Path
- Company: Path
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Tracking Code10727Job Description
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently seeking to recruit a Technical Director of Programs for its Tanzania Country Program Office who will support the Country Program Leader (CPL) to effectively lead and manage the Tanzania Country Program. The Technical Director of Programs will provide regular technical support to assigned PATH Tanzania project teams to help them establish quality, sound, reliable, effective, and efficient project management systems. S/he will work with the project teams in support of technical oversight and quality of PATH’s portfolio of projects as well as playing a key technical role on Business Development.
The Tanzania Country Program portfolio includes projects across priority health programs such as Digital Health, malaria, immunization, newborn, Global Health Security, WASH and TB and is expecting to expand to Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs), HVI and Family Planning. The Tanzania Country Program currently receive funding from various donors such as the United States Agency for International Development, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, CDC, UNITAID and GAVI.
As an advisor to the PATH Tanzania Country Leader, the Technical Director of Programs will be a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and will provide leadership, management, and strategic direction to the Tanzania Country Program’s diverse projects. This position is expected to contribute to PATH Tanzania’s development, strengthening teams’ capacities and ensuring projects are implemented with the highest technical quality and results. The position will also assume a technical-leading role on business development activities of Tanzania Country Program.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
In collaboration with the Country Program Leader and the SMT, provide strategic direction in the design of PATH Tanzania strategic frameworks and plans, including the development of resource mobilization strategies to optimize the impact of program interventions in line with strategic priorities of the Government of The United Republic of Tanzania, Donors and PATH.
- Serve as the main advisor to the CPL and SMT on how to work transversally and inform/advise on project technical structures and deliverables.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity strengthening for project teams, progressively introducing best-in-class project management standards.
- Lead high-quality project design incorporating project management standards appropriate to the scope, context, and technical requirements of projects, including management systems that focus progressively on supporting teams working in a hybrid work/office environment.
- Work with PATH Tanzania project teams to support the planning of activities and implement quality control mechanisms across various projects in different sectors and geographies, including systematic review of project results, quality and reporting according to donor expectations to ensure integration of program interventions and efficiency in implementation.
- Work collaboratively with the finance and operations team to ensure appropriate project budgeting and efficient use and stewardship of project resources.
- May supervise selected project leads / directors and serve as Responsible Program Manager (RPM) for new and small projects.
- Identify funding opportunities in line with PATH Tanzania’s established strategy.
- Build and strengthen PATH’s network of donors in Tanzania and outside Tanzania.
- Support the Business Development Team and ensure proper oversight of the business development cycle such that quality proposals are consistently prepared in accordance with agency and donor standards.
- Oversee the identification, assessment, and strengthening of new and existing partnerships.
- May represent PATH in external meetings, as needed.
- Master’s or higher in public health or a related field or a medical degree complemented with working experience.
- At least 8 years of experience creating, implementing, and managing donor funded projects; Tanzania experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures for key PATH donors such as USAID, CDC and BMGF will be an added advantage.
- Strong familiarity with Tanzania’s institutional, policy, practice, and programming context for health Programs and understanding of best practices.
- Demonstrated experience managing programs in Tanzania that meet communities needs in addressing various health inequalities.
- Deep experience collaborating and coordinating with the GOT, local partners, various donors, and other stakeholders.
- Experience in business and strategic plans development.
- Proven skills in reporting on projects
- Fluency in Swahili and English.
Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to [email protected].
Job LocationDar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic ofCompany LocationTanzania, Dar es SalaamPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st May, 2021.