Technical Director for Surveillance and Systems at Abt Associates
- Company: Abt Associates
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The anticipated Tanzania Malaria Case Management and Surveillance Activity, a five-year Cooperative Agreement, seeks to reduce the burden of malaria and move towards the long-term goal of malaria elimination. This activity will focus on malaria case management, quality improvement for malaria in pregnancy, malaria surveillance, entomological monitoring, and drug efficacy monitoring, targeting pregnant women and children under five in the Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Technical Director for Surveillance and Systems will be responsible for technical oversight of project activities related to system development, strengthening, and harmonization including but not limited to surveillance systems in Mainland and Zanzibar.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the strategy for and oversee implementation of the project’s system strengthening activities related to digital case management and quality improvement systems, surveillance systems, and data reporting and use systems.
- Coordinate across technical streams (e.g., SBC, case management and service delivery, entomological monitoring, surveillance) to ensure system strengthening activities are cohesive and reinforce technical delivery and implementation to achieve project results.
- Provide guidance to develop and implement government-owned and -operated interoperable systems.
- Provide technical support to the NMCP and ZAMEP to build their capacity in system strengthening including quality improvement systems, data reporting and use systems, and malaria surveillance across service delivery and governance levels from the community up the national level.
- Work closely with capacity development leads to ensure capacity building plans include feasible strategies to build system development and strengthening capabilities.
- Lead and contribute to work plan development and project reporting;
- Work with MEL Lead to monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of activities, guide operational research studies, and adapt programming based on iterative learning;
- Document and disseminate project results and impacts in various forms, including media stories, lessons learned, case studies, conferences, etc;
- Lead and supervise direct reports with particular focus on their key tasks and the quality of project deliverables;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Medical degree required;
- Strong background in malaria systems and digital health preferred;
- At least 10 years of experience implementing malaria programs in the region;
- Experience with digital case management systems and malaria surveillance preferred;
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy;
- Experience working with government entities (MHCDGEC, PORALG) in developing and strengthening information systems is preferred.
- Possess outstanding professional reputation and have strong demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills;
- Willingness to travel within the country as needed;
- Oral and written English language required;
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th March, 2022.