Technical Director – Community Engagement & Linkages at Pact
- Company: Pact
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Reporting to the COP, the Technical Director is responsible for all aspects of the technical activities and services. S/he will serve as RMNCAH’S technical subject matter expert (i.e., community engagement and linkages), oversee the technical teams and partners, and support the monitoring and evaluation teams’ daily operations. S/he will ensure effective coordination with key stakeholders, including government, CBOs, and private sector. Responsibilities include leading technical design and implementation, operationalization of program standards, systematic monitoring of program results against targets and work plans and employing data for decision-making and course correction. This position is contingent upon award.
- Responsible for the overall technical direction of the project and management of project activities, providing technical leadership to the project team to ensure high quality programming to achieve project results.
- Oversees the technical and field operation and coordinates all resources directed to the field, including the service points in the communities, in close collaboration with the Project Director/Chief of Party
- Provide technical leadership, ensuring integration across the project’s objectives and adaptive management
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to project staff and partners throughout the design and implementation of project strategies to ensure effective integration of project’s objectives
- Lead the technical design and create a realistic and donor-responsive timeline and continuously evaluate project progress towards achieving program’s strategic goals.
- Other tasks as required to achieve the Program Objectives and Expected Results.
- Coordinate technical activities and provide direction, feedback, and support to ensure success.
- Provide input into and assure that all donor reporting requirements on program impact are met and assist implementing partners/grantees in setting up reporting and tracking systems to provide such information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure effective coordination and communication between each partner organization.
- Ensure high quality program delivery and the cost-effective use of Pact and USAID resources
- Ensure provision of management support and technical assistance to grantees on program design, budget/work plan development, and M&E planning.
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates, as requested.
- Establish and manage Pact’s local technical training activities.
- Ensure that the most up-to-date information regarding the programs or initiatives shared via a range of mechanisms: including reports, newsletters, and the Internet.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the COP.
- Master’s degree or higher, in public health, or other relevant professional and advanced degree.
- At least ten years of experience (preferably in public health and/or the social service sector), including at least five years of experience in Family Planning/Reproductive Health and/or Maternal Newborn Child Health.
- Demonstrated experience as a technical advisor Family Planning/Reproductive Health and/or Maternal Newborn Child Health. And/or international development projects, with in-depth technical knowledge of comprehensive OVC programming and capacity development.
- Demonstrated skills, abilities, and experience to provide technical direction for a program of the same scale and complexity and oversee programming across various technical disciplines.
- Strong understanding of interventions regarding Family Planning/Reproductive Health and/or Maternal Newborn Child Healthand capacity development of government entities at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in cultivating and sustaining working relationships with government, civil society, communities, and the private sector.
- Tanzania experience highly desirable, Africa experience essential. Local candidates preferred.
- Ability to work closely with Pact staff and partner organizations
- Preference for previous work experience USAID-funded programs
- Tanzanian National preferred.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th April, 2021.