Technical Aid 2 – Underground Geology at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technical Aid 2 – Underground Geology
Contract type & Duration: Fixed Term Contract (Two Years)
Reporting to: Superintendent 1 – UG Geology
Number of Positions: Four (4)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To provide support and assistance to Geology Technicians in collecting geological information through mapping and Face sampling to inform development and production activities.
- Diploma in Geology or Secondary School certificate.
- Must possess Class D, Tanzanian driver’s license.
- 2 years’ geology experience in the mining industry preferable Underground operations.
- Knowledge of underground mining, grade control geology and sampling will be added advantage .
- Good in communication and report writing.
- Must be able to drive manual gear light vehicle.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure that all geology work is undertaken in a safe and environmentally friendly manner
- Prepare and organize all gears required for mapping and face sampling
- Drive geologists or technicians underground for mapping and sampling activities.
- Assist geologists or technicians to conduct underground mapping and collect face samples
- Ensure all face samples are bagged and labelled as per QAQC standard procedure
- To prepare sample bags, accurately completed submission forms with sample numbers and QAQC in a correct order.
- Ensure face samples are delivered to the laboratory in a timely manner
- Make sure all sample preparations and are correctly done to avoid sample swap and any other human error
- Ensure all QAQC procedure are adhered to as practical as possible.
- Preparation of RC sample bags and ensure they are delivered to drilling site underground.
- Inspect UG core samples and make sure are clean and well labelled.
- Participate in geological sampling at ROMPAD and core shed when required.
- Make sure UG geology light vehicles are kept in good condition by maintaining constant housekeeping.
- Strong results orientation and ability to consistently deliver against the plan.
- Committed to safe work practices in the mining environment
- Capable of working under minimal supervision with a systematic logical approach
- Practical, organized & logical mind – ability to plan, organize, lead and control tasks
- Enthusiastic and responsible work attitude – leads by example at all times & meets targets.
- Resourceful, energetic and proactive, candidate displays a high level of initiative & is resilient.
- Physically fit to work in underground environment
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th March, 2022.