Technical Aid 2 – Core Shed at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technical Aid 2 – Core Shed
Contract type & Duration: Fixed Term Contract (Two Years)
Re Reporting to: Supervisor Core Shed
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the role is to support and assist Core Shed supervisor on the day to day Core shed technical activities (core processing) in accordance with standard work procedures.
- Ordinary Level for secondary Education or above and a Certificate or Diploma in Mineral Exploration from recognized institutions
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Minimum of 1 year working experience on core marking and Geotech logging, exploration rigs or on field mapping and sampling programs.
MAI MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Determine what could go wrong and what needs to be done to work safely before starting a task and help others to work safely.
- Identify, understand, and address safety hazards and risks related to the task.
- Learn and execute the Safety practices required for the task.
- Continually look for new hazards in the workplace and report them to Supervisor.
- Promptly report all injuries, illnesses, and incidents.
- Suggest ways of improving Safety performance within Geology department.
- Speak up if he/she thinks that the task cannot be done safely and courage to talk to Supervisor he/she thinks of being unable to work at his/her best.
- Plan and arrange the core shed logistics related to the task to ensure timely availability of equipment, drivers, samplers, and assistants.
- Monitor quality of drill cores brought at Core Shed.
- Lead Samplers and Assistants on core marking, cutting, sampling, core photographing, S.G data capture and cutting.
- Demonstrate ability to use GPS for navigation and basic knowledge on map reading for locating geological points.
- Demonstrate ability to prepare daily work reports and proper handover at end of the shift.
- Conduct core logging (Geotech A).
- Conduct core marking.
ADD ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Good Knowledge with Ms Words and Excel.
- Valid Tanzanian driving license will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by Clicking the APPLY button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Technical Aid 2 – Core Shed.”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 18th August 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th August, 2022.