Technical Advisor, Pre-Service Education at Jhpiego
- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 46 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low- cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit the following positions, available for immediate filling.
About the Momentum Country Global LeadershipBridge Project
Building upon U.S. Agency for International Developments (USAID) investment under the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP), USAID is utilizing the Momentum Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) global award to engage Jhpiego s technical leadership and Johns Hopkins International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC)’s technical assistance through the MCGL Bridge Project to contribute to strengthening and sustaining preservice education (PSE) and immunization programs in Tanzania. The Bridge Project will run between September 2020 and August 2021 to provide a holistic support to the Government of Tanzania on human resource for health and immunization. The one-year grant period will be used to engage stakeholders strengthen the technical rigor of PSE, foster the continuity and scale up of successful immunization interventions, support the IVD to craft thoughtful multi-year immunization plans and assist with the design and targeting of interventions that address areas with immunization coverage gaps.
Project Duration: October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021
Position: Technical Advisor, Pre-Service Education [One position based in Dar es salaam]
Working under the supervision of the Project Director and in collaboration with the Senior Technical Advisor, the Preservice Education (PSE) Technical Advisor will provide technical support across the preservice and support the vaccination technical component as needed for MCGL. S/he will work to strengthen the quality, efficiency and sustainability of PSE in public health training institutions in Tanzania and Zanzibar to improve MNCH care across the continuum. The PSE Technical Advisor is well versed in educational methodologies and technical content related to health care provider trainings.
The PSE Technical Advisor works in collaboration with the Human Resources Development Department of the MoHCDGEC, especially the Nursing Training Unit, zonal health resource centers and with individual health worker training institutions. The PSE Technical Advisor will work to implement program recommendations from the now closed MCSP program and foster sustainability and ownership of PSE programming by collaborating seamlessly with Government of Tanzania counterparts. The PSE Technical Advisor will be instrumental to strengthen and capacitate key systems including the Zonal Health Resource Centers, public health training institutions including skills laboratories, CQI, training and mentoring tutors and clinical instructors, and sustainable tracking systems of students. The PSE Technical Advisor will support the Government of Tanzania to deliver quality PSE interventions and work with MCGL program to ensure that PSE is owned and supported by the Government ofTanzania.
During the project, the PSE Technical Advisor will work collaboratively with the MNCH and Sustainability Technical Advisor and Immunization Technical Advisor to engage stakeholders in designing and adopting sustainability strategies, advocating for government funding for key meetings and activities, identifying and monitoring key sustainability milestones and advocating for inclusion of interventions into facility and institutional level budgets to pave the way for sustainability and scale.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced degree in the clinical health field
- 3-5 Years’ experience in Preservice Education Program Implementation and Health Training Institution capacity building including rolling out CQI approach
- Proven experience designing and rolling out curricula
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in building health worker capacity in maternal and newborn health, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, or other clinical areas
- Five years or experience in clinical training
- Knowledge and experience of sustainable program planning and implementation
- Demonstrated experience in developing and/or integrating new updates into health worker training curricula
- Proven skills in facilitation, team building, capacity building and coordination
- Strong change management, results-orientcd and decision-making skills
- Excellent spoken and written English skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and collaborate as member of the team to achieve results
- Extensive knowledge of the local health systems
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
- Previous experience and understanding of USG funded programs
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
Method of Application
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
To apply please indicate the position title of the position you are applying for on the subject line of your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history.
Applications, which do NOT include ALL of these elements, will NOT be considered.
Send the application through email:[email protected] Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for applications is 29thOctober, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.
Kindly note: [email protected] is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls.
If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong — doing kindly write to the Manager, Human Resource through [email protected]