Technical Advisor I- Health System Strengthening Advisor at Catholic Relief Services
- Company: Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
|Job Title: Technical Advisor I- Health SystemStrengthening Advisor||Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor- HSS/CB|
|Department: Programs||Location: Dar es Salaam|
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS in Tanzania works in very close collaboration with the catholic Churches and implements programs through both Churches and secular local partners. CRS has been helping poor, vulnerable families improve their lives through orphans and vulnerable children, agriculture, health, microfinance and WASH programming in Tanzania since 1962.
Comprehensive Child-Centered Care and Services (C4S) is an above-site technical assistance project funded by PEPFAR through USAID to Improve the health status of pregnant and breastfeeding women, HIV-exposed infants, children, and adolescents living with HIV in Tanzania through increased access to quality comprehensive child-centered healthcare and support. Led by CSSC in partnership with CRS and Afya Plus, C4S will support the provision of PMTCT and pediatric services using a family-centered approach to address the immediate HIV and TB needs preventing Tanzania from achieving equitable epidemic control, amidst evolving pediatric COVID-19 needs. C4S will achieve this through the providing of technical assistance to health facilities to increase access to quality comprehensive child-centered health services; strengthening national policies and systems to improve C/ALHIV outcomes; and Sustaining quality HIV and TB services to C/ALHIV at pediatric centers of excellence. C4S strongly builds on existing relationships to leverage the available resources in collaboration with the MoH and Implementing partners for the 11 USAID-supported regions.
- Support the Project manager – facility to coordinate project engagement with the Ministry of Health, (MOH) with its departments ensuring a highly coordinated, effective, engaged, strong partnership and relationship.
- Provide technical oversight of integrated health systems strengthening programming and technical assistance activities.
- Lead health systems assessment, identify gaps and develop tailored course correction strategies
- Design and lead activities related to differentiated service delivery systems, including client-centered and community-led/ community-based interventions, provide prevention and treatment services to people at risk for or living with HIV.
- Foster collaborations with county governments to ensure transition to sustainable high quality HIV service delivery.
- Support development, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive sustainable transition plan.
- Masters in public health, global health, Health system, Health care administration or any other related discipline.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience on system strengthening for HIV service provision.
- Experience with quality-of-care assessments for HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services and programs.
- Experience with U.S. Government-funded programmes preferred.
- Willingness to travel, In-country experience in Tanzania, highly preferred.
Required Languages – English and Swahili.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 70%.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings.
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving, and systems thinking skills with the capacity to see the big picture and the ability to make sound judgment.
- Good technical writing skills
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Knowledge of CRS Partnership strategy and Partner management experience is an advantage.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in budget management and project management.
- Ability in Microsoft Office Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: NONE
Key Working Relationships:
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Method of Application
- Interested qualified candidates should submit their letter of application together with their CV in PDF or Word format in a single attachment which outlines their experience and sustainability of the position applied to email address [email protected] not later than 28th
- The applicants should clearly state the Job title applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE