Technical Advisor for Psychosocial Support (PSS) and Youth Participation (YP) at Terre des hommes Schweiz
- Company: Terre des hommes Schweiz
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Starting from 1st of April 2023 or upon agreement, we are seeking to employ for the national coordination office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, a:
Technical Advisor for Psychosocial Support (PSS) and Youth Participation (YP) 100%
The Technical Advisor for Psychosocial Support and Youth Participation is part of the international programme team, reports directly to the National Coordinator in Tanzania and works in close cooperation with the other Technical Advisors across the countries.
· Counseling, monitoring, and documenting the interventions of local partner organizations with regards to their methods and approaches in PSS and YP.
· Strengthening partner organizations’ capacities in PSS and YP and development of the methods and approaches within the Tanzanian country program framework.
· Regular partner visits and reporting of the methods and approaches.
· Organization of youth platforms and assisting the national coordinator during partner platforms.
· Integration of best practices, learning into the community of practice with other technical advisors from Africa, Latin America, and Switzerland.
· Empowering the Tanzanian youth delegates of the International Youth Network (IYN) to actively participate in the development of the global network and the yearly activities.
Your qualification and experience:
· Holder of a First Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Science, Social Work or Development Studies or any related area. A Master’s Degree could be an added advantage.
· A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in social work, counselling OR working with youth.
· Practical work experience in the field of psychosocial support – preferably Solution Focused Approach (SFA) and participatory work.
· Experience in community work and participatory methods.
· Practical work experience in coaching youth.
· Practical experience in facilitating workshops.
· Good knowledge of PCM, project monitoring and evaluation instruments.
· Experience and knowhow in SRHR and gender-based violence.
· Good communication skills.
· Excellent participatory facilitation skills.
· Be a team player.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills and fluency in Swahili.
· Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Teams).
· A high level of self-responsibility and social commitment to work in the respective areas.
· Be willing to travel two to three times per year within Tanzania.
· Be ready to perform any other function as may be assigned by the national coordinator from time to time.
· Holder of a valid passport.
We provide a full time employment, attractive working conditions with a well-equipped office and well established country program and a reliable institutional setting. A motivated team and close cooperation with other offices, high flexibility, training opportunities and appropriate salary.