Team Leader at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is a global organization that mobilizes research, resources and relationships so people everywhere can access the opportunities they need to lead full, healthy lives. With collaborations in over 60 countries, we work directly with local leaders to advance social and economic equity, improve health and well-being, respond to humanitarian crises and strengthen community resilience.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Team Leader (Programme Director) for an upcoming civil society activity
This position will be based in Tanzania and is contingent upon award.
The Team Leader will be the most senior person responsible for the delivery of the supplier contract. The Team Leader must provide overarching leadership for Wajibika, ensuring activities under all components contribute to a coherent, focused, and effective strategy. They must lead high-level discussions between FCDO and the Supplier relating to the supplier contract and other commercially sensitive issues.
The Team Leader will be responsible for providing strong, results-driven management of the Governance Innovation Fund (GIF) working closely with the Senior Public Sector & GIF Lead as well as in lockstep with FCDO and Embassy of Switzerland in Tanzania staff to ensure projects are viable, meet clear demands of Government of Tanzania (GoT) and other benefactors.
This position will be based in Tanzania and is contingent upon award
The Team Leader must meet the following criteria:
- Internationally competitive senior expertise as team leader or Chief of Party in the leadership, strategy development and delivery of donor funded governance programmes (both supply and demand sides), and outstanding demonstration of expert communication skills, critical thinking, and results delivery.
- Have proven experience necessary to build strong, senior level relationships with government in Tanzania and be seen as a respected and fair broker. Should also have strong relationships with civil society and media.
- Relevant expertise in:
- (1) leadership and management of large and complex governance programmes with a specific focus on public sector governance as well as civil society and media, ideally with experience in FCDO programming;
- (2) inclusive and effective management of large teams of senior staff from a diverse group of backgrounds;
- (3) maintaining a high level strategic and managerial oversight of sophisticated governance programmes, ensuring that the correct people, resources and processes are in place to drive efficient, effective delivery;
- (4) making difficult management decisions to improve the impact of Official Development Assistance (ODA), including moving or replacing staff and closing down underperforming activity and grants;
- (5) understanding and interpreting the FCDO and the wider UK Government’s latest political and policy requirements and working proactively with FCDO staff to ensure ODA programmes make a substantial and visible contribution to these;
- (6) experienced in thinking and working politically, coaching teams to identify how political, group and individual incentives act to drive or block change, and forming effective, professional partnerships with key collaborators with power and capacity to progress issues.
- Knowledge and experience working either in Tanzania or East Africa is sought and some basic Kiswahili is also desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable level of professional experience in public administration, international development, or related field; Master’s, Ph.D. or Ed. D. is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience in increasingly senior roles; at least 5 (five) years leading large and sophisticated programmes at a senior level working in a non-governmental organisation (NGO).
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th October, 2023.