Team Lead 2 – Core Shed at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Team Lead 2 – Core Shed
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Reporting to: Supervisor – Core Shed
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Purpose of the role within the resourcing group is to ensure that there are safe and efficient work processes by supervising team, working at the geology core yard including geology staff and non-geology staff (casuals).
- Ordinary level secondary school education.
- Relevant certificates in geology or supervisory courses.
At least 2 years relevant exploration / core shed experience.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure health, safety & environmental standards are complied by all team members working at the core yard.
- Ensure the core and RC samples are stored according to the plan and maximizing the available space.
- Supervise the team during the drill core disposal an in accordance to the core disposal procedure and disposing at right location.
- Supervise team to maximize usage of personnel and the relogging is done on time and re-storing the samples after relogging
- Supervise the geology mini store.
- Supervise team to ensure housekeeping is good.
- Plan the work better to utilize available workforce and light vehicles.
- Ensure no backlog of drill core at the coreshed which has been logged to sampling and stored timely
- Support the coreshed senior supervisor as required.
- Planning capability
- Computer competency
- Driving skills will be an added advantage
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2021.