Team Lead 1 – RRU at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Team Lead 1 – RRU
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor Crime Prevention
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To Provide a secure environment for the conduct of the mine’s activities and security of its assets by enforcing Security policies and procedures and by constant monitoring thereof to ensure compliance.
- Ordinary level Certificate of Secondary Education (CSEE) or above.
- Must have valid Tanzanian driving license.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Four years’ experience in Mining security environment.
- Two years’ experience in Rapid Response Unit/function.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure team members are posted to specific areas with proper PPE and equipment such as radio, whistles, Shotguns etc.
- Conduct toolbox meeting and address all safety related matters.
- Assign tasks to the subordinate.
- Ensure team members are constantly monitored in terms of their capability and on – job training and coaching done where required to rectify substandard performance/behaviours.
- Comply with VPSHR, policies and portray company image.
- Ensure that PTO’ especially in team members is conducted in a weekly basis.
- Identify security risks and report.
- Ensure safety is maintained as per AGA safety standard.
- Communicate to the shift coordinator on all irregularities within his/her area of accountability(sectors).
- Comply with Tanzanian legislation and company procedures.
- Ensure the contracted security posts are visited and inspected.
- Ensure all potential loses are reported and signed off.
- Maintain all security equipment/tools as per standard requirements.
- Monitor and control crime on his/her area of responsibilities (Sector).
- No criminal record
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening Good analytical skills and record keeping.
- Basic security trainings
- Firearm handling
- RRU training
- Preliminary Investigations skills
- Defensive Driving skills
- Crowd control
- Report writing
- Security leadership training
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13th October, 2022.