Teachers at Dar es Salaam International Academy
- Company: Dar es Salaam International Academy
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
Dar es Salaam International Academy is a privately owned international school located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.Implementing the International Baccalaureate Primary, Middle Years & Diploma Programmes.
We are currently recruiting teachers for our 2021/22 Academic Year. A DIA teacher has a pivotal role in creating the optimum environment for teaching and learning. At the forefront of this position is to promote a sustained learning culture.
Specifically looking for
- Spanish (MYP/DP)
- French (MYP/DP)
- Physics (MYP/DP)
- Math (MYP/DP)
- Digital Design (MYP)
- Primary Class Teacher (PYP)
- Guidance Counselor (Schoolwide)
Dar es Salaam International Academy Recruitment Policy
Aim: The DIA recruitment policy’s main aim is to ensure that a transparent and unbiased recruitment and selection process is followed; one that results in the appointment of the best candidate, based solely on merit and best-fit with DIA’s values, philosophy, and goals.
Safe Recruitment: DIA utilizes Safe Recruitment practices and will be undertaking background checks and seeking police clearance from all interested candidates.
- Bachelors in Education – or anything equivalent to a teaching degree
- 2 years experience
DIA aims to complete a recruitment cycle within two working weeks. If you would like to apply to DIA please:
- Email your CV (which includes contact details for at least 2 references of the last 3 positions held, as well as 1 personal reference) and cover letter of maximum one A4 page including the following (but not limited to):
- a) Motivation for applying for the position at DIA
- b) Outlining main achievements as a teacher
- c) Outlining skills and strengths as a teacher
- d) Outlining any experience or knowledge about the IB programs
- e) Outlining what can be offered to the school outside the classroom (extra-curricular, professional development etc.)
- f) Reasons for moving to Tanzania if abroad and outlining any experience living in a developing country
- g) How long they intend to live and work in Tanzania and whether they have a spouse, significant other or dependents that they would be moving with
Method of ApplicationMr Gurvinder Jaswant (Secondary Principal) –[email protected]
or Ms. Fawzya Hirji (Primary Principal) –[email protected] & Ms. Shaista Juma, Executive Director – [email protected]