Teacher – Creative Arts at Aga Khan Education Service
- Company: Aga Khan Education Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES, T), is a private, not for profit, service company registered under the Companies Act and operates three schools in Tanzania. The vision of AKES,T is to provide accessible, world-class education, which prepares students to become self-confident, open-minded articulate and ethical young people with academic qualifications to enable them to make productive contributions to their own community and their wider society. AKES.T is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKEST is looking to hire the following positions based in Dar es Salaam:
Teacher – Creative Arts
The Teacher of Creative Arts at AKEST will be responsible to provides professional and inspirational practice and management of the entire creative arts provision across the Nursery and Primary schools.
S/he will need to demonstrate the skills and experience necessary to provide educational leadership across all relevant areas working closely with staff across the school.
Have a clear overall strategy for both the development of the creative arts at AKEST and the participation by pupils of all abilities in creative arts activities for enjoyment and lifelong engagement.
- To play in driving forward the quality of academic provision and helping AKEST to deliver its promise of providing a world class education.
- Teach in all aspects of the creative arts provision, including music, art and drama across the whole school.
- Lead the organization of all external affiliations, such as PYP evaluation visits.
- Oversee the organisation of school creative arts events in liaison with other schools and organisations
- Organise, lead and hold activities and events, including trips, to raise the profile of the creative arts within the community.
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
Applicants should have the following qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts from an accredited university and with qualification in IB-PYP teaching programme
- At least 3 years’ experience in international curriculum school, including experience in the International Baccalaureate system.
- Good understanding of and experience in curriculum management design, implementation and evaluation.
- Understanding of 21st century education practice, strategies for raising student’s achievement and effective frame work for school improvement planning and self- evaluation
Method of ApplicationApplicants should send a letter of application describing experience, long with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of education certificates (certified by TCU if studied out of Tanzania) and contact information of three confidential referees, including current Head of School or Line Manager. It should be addressed to HR – Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania and should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] or mail to P.O. Box 125, Dar es Salaam. Please ensure you include an email address.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network The deadline for submitting the application is 12 July 2021.