TCRS Executive Director at Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service (TCRS)
- Company: Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service (TCRS)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service
The Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service (TCRS) with its vision “Empowered communities living in a just, democratic society, united in diversity and enjoying quality of life and God-given dignity” was established in 1964, carrying out a programme of humanitarian relief and development activities with refugees and marginalized poor people in Tanzania. To reach its goals, Tanganyika Christian Refugees Services (TCRS) invites self-motivated, honest, hardworking, and committed Tanzanian’s applicants to fill.
VACANT POSITION: TCRS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Reports to: Board of Trustees
Supervises: All Employees, Resource Mobilization and Planning, Research & Business Development.
Workstation: Head Office-Dar Es Salaam
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the annual plan development and periodical review the TCRS Strategic plan and propose revisions for approval by the TCRS Board of Trustees.
- Ensure the changes in environment and needs of the target group are reflected in the plans as well as relevant data to monitor and evaluate the TCRS performance is collected and analyzed in an effective manner.
- Analyze financial results and manage realization of the agreed annual targets and financial resource sustainability.
- Make certain TCRS follows best in class performance management by following transparent staff development, performance evaluation processes and human resource demography that desired; qualifications, years of experience in the organization and required and balanced competencies.
- Promote the brand of the organization by raising the TCRS profile internationally and nationally among the community contributing to humanitarian and development work.
- Maintain collaboration and close working relationships with church related partners and as well as strengthen and institutionalize collaboration with the national and local government agencies.
- Extent the TCRS network with any other party that is relevant for strengthening the TCRS service delivery on a continuous basis.
- Always serve as a role model, personally embodying TCRS’s mission and values, whilst helping to ensure that TCRS’s code of conduct, policies and standards are understood by all and adhered to in practice.
- Correct sub-ordinates behavior in case the behavior is damaging the TCRS positive impact and image in reflection to the Tanzanian laws and regulations.
- Operate in line with the international procedures and regulations for humanitarian responses.
- Ensure sufficient segregation of duties and internal control measures are build- in in the organizational and process design.
- Provide insight into the TCRS results to the Board and collaborators, either through a true and transparent insight in annual (financial) reports provide the TCRS results.
- Master’s in business administration and or Social sciences (which covers Community development and rural planning and development)
- 5 years of experience in humanitarian and development work
- A Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in leading a group of 5 direct reports and more than 50 indirect reports in a multi donor and multi project environment.
- Proven good performance in a reputable organization, out of which at least five (5) years should be in senior managerial level.
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates should send a detailed written application attached with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) attached with all relevant certificates including three (3) referees. Application closing date is 21st July 2023. All applications should be addressed to:
TCRS BOARD OF TRUSTEES,
Plot 436 Mikocheni II, Mwai Kibaki Rd
P. o. box 3955 Dar Es Salaam, TANZANIA
- All applications shall be sent to this email: [email protected] and should note the position title in the Subject Line.
- No physical application shall be accepted.
- TCRS provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, or marital status.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
- All Applicants who will not be invited for an interview should consider themselves unsuccessful.