Tax Manager at Shepherd Consulting Limited
- Company: Shepherd Consulting Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Shepherd Consulting is one of the fastest growing consulting firms based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. We are providing Audit, Tax & Legal and Advisory services focused on delivering quality services to clients that build trust and making positive impact in the business setting we engage with. We develop and foster excellent relationship with the our clients to improve profitability and business growth by resolving practical challenges facing the business. We believe that the best solution needs experience, breadth, and in-depth knowledge of the subject matter. We pride ourselves as having unique resources’ combination enhancing our ability to provide the experienced, technical knowledge, and skills coupled with integrity and honest approach that you require, in accordance with the acceptable regulatory framework. The firm is looking for suitable candidates to fill up vacant positions in the assurance and tax divisions. The prospective candidates will serve as business advisors to our clients aiming at optimizing engagement, success, and achieving quality outcomes. The firm now invites online applications from eligible candidates for the following posts:
Positions: Tax Manager (1 post)
Job Profile & Key Qualification
Reporting directly to the Managing Partner and indirectly to the Partners, the Assurance Manager/Tax Manager will lead and manage multiple operations of the assurance/tax practice to deliver quality services, that will optimize results and increase Shepherd’s reputation in service excellence. You will serve as business advisor to our clients aiming at maximizing engagement and achieving qualitative outcomes. The ideal candidate should possess undergraduate degrees in accounting, finance, economics, law, business administration, engineering or equivalent from a recognized higher learning institution with a performance of at least 4.0 GPA and must be qualified and registered by a relevant professional and regulatory body as a public practicing professional by the date of making this application. The ideal candidate will have a total professional working experience of at least 6 years, two of which must be in managerial position.
- Effective and efficient management of the assurance/tax processes with appropriate consideration of audit/tax risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Lead and manage clients’ fieldwork including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the engagement process.
- Review work prepared by junior personnel for sign off by the Partner.
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations, prepare and deliver the written recommendations to be provided to the client.
- Engaging clients and providing a professional and authoritative advice throughout the assignments.
- Lead, manage and organize audit/tax teams as appropriate in such a way that processes, roles & responsibilities are clear and project work is performed efficiently and effectively.
- Deliver a full range of assurance and tax services in compliance with the professional standards, laws, and regulations of the country under which we operate and within project timeframes.
- Provide on-the-job training to junior staff for developing auditing/tax skills and assess their performance from time to time.
- A Tax Manager shall also be involved in various client’s tax dispute resolutions and may represent clients in tax courts
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting, and expertise.
- Any other task that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements and skills
- Significant experience in leading, planning, execution, and reporting on audit and tax projects
- Excellent grasp of quality and risk management procedures
- Excellent analytical skills, to ensure results are accurate and able to communicate findings in a precise and simple manner both written and verbal.
- Exceptional client service engagements along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Strong leadership, time, and human capital management and development skills
- Ability to work effectively either as an individual or member of a team and relate effectively with staff at all levels.
- An assurance manager should also have expertise in using Audit Methodology to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with international standards of Auditing (ISA)
- Strong expertise in primary accounting frameworks (IFRS/IPSAS/ TFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Compliance with and understanding of professional regulatory requirements
- Proven experience in delivering internal and external audit and assurance engagements
- Problem solver with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Results driven with high level of initiative, teamwork, urgency, accountability, and integrity.
Method of ApplicationThe above positions are available with immediate effect. If you believe that you qualify for any of the above positions and ready to join our winning team, you should then submit your application letter attaching a current curriculum vitae with references, current passport size picture, and copies of relevant certificates including testimonials, if any, in English online through [email protected] by April 7, 2022.
NOTE: Shepherd Consulting Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Shepherd Consulting Ltd
25 Mkadini, Oysterbay
P.O. Box 20751
Dar es Salaam Tanzania.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE