Tanzania Deputy Local Government Relations Officer at One Acre Fund
- Company: One Acre Fund
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Local Government Relations officer will coordinate our Local Government Relations in Mbeya. You will be a focal point to oversee any engagements with local government authorities at the regional, district, ward and village levels in Mbeya.
The local government officer will participate in regional meetings and manage strategies to resolve government-related risks in the field. Additionally, you will coordinate all regional and district approvals for our scouting and existing areas of operation. You will also help coordinate field events in the two regions.
- Be the main contact person for all government relations inquiries from other departments relating to our operations in Mbeya and Songwe
- Work with the other departments by asking for their feedback on GR support to the field and developing strategies to align with them.
- Manage local government relationships with government officials (councilors, DAICOs and Regional Commissioners) with support from the manager.
- Oversee the tracking and resolution of risks affecting field-facing operations.
- Track compliance of One Acre Fund operations with government regulations, oversee the team’s support on licensing processes in Mbeya, and Songwe regions.
- Oversee execution on logistics for events that the Government Relations department holds in the field with local officials
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Government Relations Specialist or departmental leadership.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Experience working with government partners; experience working for an NGO encouraged.
- People and team management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning.
- Able to work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English and Swahili.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Tanzania
12th November 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12th November, 2021.