Tanzania Corporate Credit Underwriter at Citi Bank
- Company: Citi Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Citi continues to enhance its business control and governance framework by building out Institutional Credit Management (ICM), a new function in the 1st Line of Defense, to house and consistently manage credit risk activities performed across its Institutional Client Group (ICG) organization. ICM’s objective is to provide integrated “end-to-end” credit underwriting, identification, measurement [management, and monitoring for wholesale credit risk across the ICG. Within ICM, the Credit Underwriting function (ICM-UW) provides analysis, greenlight, underwriting, 1st Line of Defense credit approval and subsequent credit monitoring across all ICG wholesale credit businesses including Banking Capital Markets & Advisory (BCMA), Global Structured Products, Financings & Securitizations (GSP-F&S), Treasury & Trade Solutions (TTS), and Markets & Securities Services (MSS).
The Tanzania Corporate Credit Underwriter (“Tanzania Underwriter”) covers large and complex relationships with corporates, financial institutions and public sector clients in Tanzania with potential coverage in other countries in East Africa, being responsible for all underwriting activities, in partnership with BCMA and Risk (2nd Line of Defense). This role reports directly to the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) ICM Corporate Credit Underwriting Cluster Head.
Executes, aligned with global and regional strategies, all responsibilities regarding underwriting, including, but not limited to:
- Adoption of leading practices in credit analysis, underwriting, and monitoring, including the end-to-end underwriting process, from early origination discussions, to development of credit approval memos, and senior approval forums
- Ensure Credit Approval Memo (CAM) packages are complete and accurate
- Detailed reviews of financial data, projection modeling, stress testing, and other in-depth analysis performed by junior resources in IRAU (the ICG Risk Analysis Unit)
- Balance business opportunities within Citi’s Risk appetite framework
- Facilitate relationships with key clients in Banking and Risk and with key Regulators, Internal Audit, and control functions
- Support the ICM-UW leadership on strategic initiatives/projects
- Support Voice of the Employee initiatives
SPECIFIC RISK EXPERIENCE:
- Senior credit approval authority (or similar designation) covering large and complex underwritings, capital commitments, and derivatives with multi-industry experience
- Experience in and exposure to global credit risk management standards
- Ability to understand capital markets products and complex financing and product structures
- Ability to implement change and develop best practices throughout an organization.
- Ability to provide strategic insights and strong sensitivity to macro and regulatory issues, and impact of such issues on the various Risk families, including operational and franchise risks
- Able to discuss and address issues associated with the allocation of risk assets and risk capital in partnership with banking and product organizations
- Proven ability to effectively engage with regulators and internal control functions including Internal Audit and Fundamental Credit Risk as well as with external audit
CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS / BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP:
- As part of the 1st Line of Defense, the ability to find the right balance that achieves the aims of the business while managing Citi’s risk appropriately
- Understanding the nuances of local markets, local regulation, and the capabilities and practices of competitors
- Navigate organizational complexity and break silos
- Create and sustain a network of strong partnerships with the business in all segments & geographies and risk functions
- Provide well-reasoned, balanced assessments of risk/return trade-offs associated with transactions and client relationships
- Proven track record of partnering with global peers in leveraging and implementation of best practices
- 10+ years of corporate banking, credit risk and/or corporate finance work experience at banks/financial institutions
- Candidates with less experienced but outstanding track record could be consider for the role as VP/C13
- Senior Credit Officer designation (or similar) is preferred
- Demonstrates strong ethics and integrity
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ in a complex environment
- Can make decisions under pressure and short timeline
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Active listening skills.
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiating ability, resolve conflicts amongst various constituencies
- Excellent presentation skills – adept at presenting effectively to audiences of various sizes and various constituencies
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th August, 2022.