TACH Operations Officer at Absa
- Company: Absa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
• To manage Clearing Operations as per Clearing House regulations and Banks’s Operations in relation to Cheques and EFTs Processing.
• Assist the TACH Operations Manager in the maintenance of Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
• To drive and deliver exceptional business performance through the excellent execution of support duties to ensure that operations are being effectively performed so as to provide World Class Customer Services
• To collaborate with a diverse team of processers working towards pre-defined targets
• Analyse Gaps and Areas of improvement/Automation to better Team’s Performance
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
- Timely Processing of Inward and Outward Cheques as per TACHHhH Operations based on allocation of Sessions(T+1, T+2)
- Timely processing of Salary and Other internal data Capture Transactions
- Collection of Direct Debits on Credit Cards Operations
- To achieve the required volume of work within the established deadlines / service standards
- Identify and investigate problems specific to their area of expertise and recommend remedial action
- Adhere to quality control discipline, procedures and checks at all times.
- Day to day query resolution, with upward escalation of more complex queries to the management team
- Report issues and concerns as soon as possible to Team manager in time and with complete information, in which effort is made to prevent or limit possible damage
- Assist team manager in administration of the section, including organizing workflow, queue management & query resolution
- Thorough solution of queries & identify improvements to processes
- Provide advice, guidance & training to new processing staff
- Maintain effective performance by being adaptable and positive in approach to dynamic business circumstances, questioning procedures and proactively seeking solutions To contribute to team performance and development of effective working relationship with colleague
- To provide support and cover in terms of knowledge management to other Process Experts as and when required ensuring effective team working across the operations floor
- Support on audit requirement in collection and sampling of data
- Operate in a high pressure environment with focus on customer service
- Ensure that there is an MI to show what was acceptance rate or rejection rate. Also to ensure to report on suspected fraud incidents
- Achieve operational rigor excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertake to ensure Satisfactory audit
- Undertake snap checks accurately and timely
- Improve on Conformance findings and ensure non re-occurrences
- Support the team leader on minimization of overtime, stationery and other Operation costs.
- Provide cover for team leader as required and be a fast learner, doing wholeheartedly, communicating with passion and enthusiasm, embracing change as a way of working.
- Achieve individual and team targets for customer service targets (both internal and external)
Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Undertake enquiries duties as required in order to provide excellent customer service
- Maintain effective performance towards dynamic business circumstances, questioning procedures and proactively seeking solutions
- Identify and investigate problems and recommend remedial action
Risk and Controls Objectives
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards
Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture
- Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicable
- All mandatory training completed to deadline
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th July, 2021.