Systems Architecture Specialist at FAO
- Company: FAO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Posting: 27/Mar/2023
Closure Date: 11/Apr/2023, 12:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FRURT – FAO Representation in Tanzania
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dodoma
Duration: 12 Months
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) supports governments and regional bodies to address their needs and priorities in achieving food security, reducing hunger and malnutrition. This includes developing capacities of National Plant Protection Organizations in fulfilling their legal mandates ensuring suppression and eradication of plant pests and preserving international trade. FAO is currently implementing a project titled “Strengthening Plant Health Services In Tanzania for Enhanced Food Safety. FAO is seeking to recruit a Systems Architecture Specialist to provide technical support in development of ICT systems to aid pest surveillance, traceability of agricultural consignments and electronic exchange of phytosanitary certificates.
The post is in the FAO Representation in Tanzania, with the incumbent also working with other units in an integrated and cross-sectoral approach.
The Systems Architecture Specialist will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Tanzania, and that of the direct technical supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme), and guidance from other technical officers at the FAO Headquarter, Regional and Sub regional offices, and working in close collaboration with other relevant officers at the country office.
The Systems Architecture Specialist will provide support in designing, developing, testing and rollout of robust and high quality Plant health related ICT systems introduced by the project.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Systems Architecture Specialist will undertake the following tasks:
• Designs the architecture of the surveillance and traceability systems in consultation with the CTA and PPS
• Maps out options for integration of systems with partner platforms eg. TRACES
• Digitizes Phytosanitary certificates into XML formats for ePhyto
• Determines infrastructure required to support the systems
• Oversees installation of infrastructure at designated areas
• Pilots, identifies and provides technical guidance in fixing bugs present in the systems
• Conducts training of stakeholders and Government staff in using the systems
• Provides technical guidance pertaining to ICT based procurement of goods and services
• Supervises and provides technical support to service providers selected to develop ICT systems
• Engages in communication and visibility activities
• Prepares timely progress reports
• Performs any other related duties
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced University degree in Computer Applications and Software Development.
• At least 5 years ‘experience in developing ICT systems/applications/programs for international organizations, Governments and Private sector entities
• Working knowledge of English and Kiswahili.
• National of Tanzania.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results focus
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
• Relevant experience in designing and developing workflow charts of ICT systems
• Ability to develop applications in both iOs and Android platforms
• Proven capabilities in coding and understanding different coding languages
• Good skills in developing interactive and attractive user interfaces
• Experience in managing and developing databases
• Demonstrated capacity in determining appropriate infrastructure for relevant ICT systems
• Excellent knowledge in cybersecurity and implementation of cybersecurity measures
• Ability to gather, organize and analyse information.
• Capacity to interact professionally with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Willingness to work extended hours and respond to strict deadlines.
• Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Good communication and computer literacy.
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th April, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE