System Developer x4 at Muhimbili National Hospital
- Company: Muhimbili National Hospital
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) is a tertiary Specialised and Super Specialist Hospital in Tanzania organized into nine Directorates with bed capacity of 2,178 out of which 1,570 beds are at the Main Upanga Hospital and 608 beds are at Mloganzila facility which is 30 km away from the main Hospital. The Hospital serves between 2,000-3,000 Outpatients and 1,500 – 2,000 Inpatients per day.
In order to achieve its objective the Hospital is looking for a competent and experienced person to fill the position below for 2 years contract (renewable on mutual agreement)
SYSTEM DEVELOPER – (4 POSTS)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively participate in project scoping, design, development and testing
- Studying organizing requirements, conferring with users; studying current HMIS flow, data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code developed internally and by external software vendors
- Perform validation and verification testing of the developed software
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest
- Support the analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions to determine foot for purpose.
- Document and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Bachelor degree in Software engineering or Computer Science or Information technology or its related field. Applicants demonstrating to have the following knowledge and skills shall have added advantages;
- Knowledge of trending Health information Systems and Technologies in the market
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in software development
- Familiarity with Agile’s Scrum development methodologies
- Knowledge of selected programming languages (e.g Java, C#, PhP, Python, C++ and the J2EE platform
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (eg PostgreSQL, MySQL and NoSQL database (e.g MongoDB)
- Familiarity with various operating system (Android, Linux, Mac OS, Windows).
- in-depth knowledge of mobile frameworks at the OS level (iOS, Android & windows)
- Strong experience with REST API and web services
- Problem-solving and follow-through; pragmatic and thorough
Attractive package in accordance with Hospital salary structure.
Method of ApplicationApplicants must send application letter attached with certified copies of academic certificates and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three referees with reliable contacts, postal address, e-mail, and mobile numbers to either of the following address:
Muhimbili National Hospital,
Dar es Salaam.
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 April 2022.