System Analyst at Muhimbili National Hospital
- Company: Muhimbili National Hospital
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) is a tertiary Specialised and Super Specialist Hospital in Tanzania organized into nine Directorates with bed capacity of 2,178 out of which 1,570 beds are at the Main Upanga Hospital and 608 beds are at Mloganzila facility which is 30 km away from the main Hospital. The Hospital serves between 2,000-3,000 Outpatients and 1,500 – 2,000 Inpatients per day.
In order to achieve its objective the Hospital is looking for a competent and experienced person to fill the position below for 2 years contract (renewable on mutual agreement)
SYSTEM ANALYST – (1 POST)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deploy, maintain and troubleshoot core business applications, including application servers, associated hardware, endpoints and databases,
- Meet and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope, systems goals and requirements,
- Develop, analyze, prioritize and organize requirement specifications, data mapping, diagrams and flowcharts for developers and testers to follow,
- Translate highly technical specifications into clear non-technical requirements
- Manage the set-up and configuration of systems,
- Define and coordinate the execution of testing procedures and develop test cases to serve the overall quality assurance process,
- Provide documentation of all processes and training as needed,
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures, monitor systems health, gather system statistics and troubleshoot reported errors and alarms,
- Perform design, implementation and upgrades of information systems to meet the business and user needs,
- Implement best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of maintenance and system performance.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in health information technologies and system analysis. Applicants demonstrating to have the following knowledge and skills shall have added advantages;
- Strong computer, hard ware, software and analytical skills
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with database maintenance and administration
- Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training and implementing new applications and systems.
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages
Attractive package in accordance with Hospital salary structure.
Method of ApplicationApplicants must send application letter attached with certified copies of academic certificates and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three referees with reliable contacts, postal address, e-mail, and mobile numbers to either of the following address:
Muhimbili National Hospital,
Dar es Salaam.
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 April 2022.