System Administrator (One Position) at Ministry of Health (MoHCDEC)
- Company: Ministry of Health (MoHCDEC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Ministry of Health (MoHCDEC)
The Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Eldery and Children (Health) through Immunization and Vaccine Development Program (IVD) under the Department of Preventive Services has solicited support and collaboration from different stakeholders, one of them is Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunizations (GAVI).
In fulfilling the task of providing leadership to the Health Sector response to Immunization and Vaccine, IVD intends to employ six (6) suitably qualified Tanzanian candidates under renewable contractual agreement for a period of three (3) years as follows: –
Position : System Administrator (One Position)
Supervisor (s): IVD Manager
Level of Effort: Full time
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
The Administrator will be responsible on managing the EIS and WMS and leading system support team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks.
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure.
- Manage the EIS and WMS products enhancements.
- Manage the stakeholders in the supply chain and program data.
- Manage all issues reported by end users, and assist on resolving issues including systems operations issues.
- Coordinating level 2 support team and channel all level 3 issues to software developer.
- Compiling issues status as per Service Level Agreement and present to the management and Technical Working Group (TWG)
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science or related concentration from recognized University/College with experience on designing and implementation of web-based platforms, Master’s degree in health and/or information systems or related field is an added advantage.
- More than 5 years of experience in systems administration including standards and best practices for the development, implementation and ongoing operation of health information systems.
- More than 5 years of experience with agile software development methodologies and managing deployments, maintenance, disaster recovery and supporting production applications.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate.
- National ID.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be sent to:
Permanent Secretary (Health),
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Eldery and Children,
NB: Closing date will be two weeks from the first advertisement in this newspaper.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants.