Surveillance Technical Lead at Abt Associates
- Company: Abt Associates
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Surveillance Technical Lead will be responsible for designing and implementing strategies to assist the Government of Tanzania (GOT) in strengthening and expanding malaria surveillance systems on Mainland and in Zanzibar. In addition, the Surveillance Technical Lead will lead capacity building efforts to strengthen capabilities for evidence-based decision making and use of surveillance systems to improve malaria programming.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
· In collaboration with project leadership and country stakeholders, design and implement strategies to assist the Government of Tanzania (GOT) in strengthening and expanding malaria surveillance systems in Mainland and Zanzibar, tailored to each geographic context.
· Lead capacity building efforts at the national (NMCP and ZAMEP), district, and community levels to improve the ability to report, analyze, visualize, and use surveillance data to make evidence-based decisions to improve malaria programs.
· Coordinate across project technical areas and with a variety of government leaders and local partners to ensure that surveillance systems are responsive to different geographic areas and their diverse needs and are used to inform decision-making across all areas of malaria prevention and management.
· Coordinate with the Entomology Lead and entomology local partners to ensure entomological monitoring is included in surveillance systems and data is used for decision making.
· In collaboration with the MEL Lead, instill a culture of learning and data use across the project and and with government and local partners including through routine meetings to reflect on and use data to inform decisions.
· Prepare and ensure timely submission of project deliverables for surveillance activities, as requested.
· Support the development of success stories and lessons learned related to malaria surveillance systems.
· Present the results of surveillance milestones and achievements and outputs in written reports and at conferences and meetings.
· Maintain close working relationships with the surveillance staff at NMCP and ZAMEP.
· Supervise direct reports with particular focus on their key tasks and the quality of project deliverables.
Qualification requirements include the following:
· Minimum of a Master’s degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or other health related field;
· 8+ years of experience supporting surveillance systems or health information systems.
· Substantial experience in building capacity of government and/or local partner staff in data collection, reporting, analysis, and/or use.
· Experience supporting Tanzania’s malaria surveillance systems highly preferred.
· Familiarity with and work experience in Mainland Tanzania and Zanzibar highly preferred.
· Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy;
· Possess outstanding professional reputation and have strong demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills;
· Willingness to travel within the country as needed;
· Oral and written English language required
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23rd January , 2022.