Supply Chain Officer at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER – FULL TIME – 100%
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER
Direct Reports: LOGISTICS TEAM LEADER (LTL)
Location: LIWALE, LINDI
Organizing and supervising the daily supply chain activities and the teams associated, in the coordination or project level, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission
- Supervising and organizing the daily activities of the Supply Chain team and ensuring they perform the tasks linked to their role
- Being responsible for the order, purchase, stock and freight management in the coordination or in the project level, monitoring and ensuring an efficient implementation of the overall daily supply chain activities
- Monitoring and ensuring a smooth running supply administration and the respect of the implemented supply procedures, proposing adjustments where needed.
- Being responsible for the supply database and the correct filing and archiving of the supply documentation in order to guarantee the availability and the coherence of supply data
- Communicating with customers, keeping them up to date concerning their orders status (BO confirmation) and prioritizing procurement and transport according to their needs
- Collecting claims from the field, analysing causes and making corrective actions.
- In collaboration with the Supply Supervisor (if any) and in coordination with the HR department, supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Informing the Logistics Team Leader in case of any major issue and draws-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will help in decision-making
- Performing any other tasks within the scope of his role, as directed by supervision and according to the needs of the mission
- Performing any other task, specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Degree in Logistics/Supply Chain or related degree/qualification
- Essential in supply chain management (minimum 2 years) and in organization of supply administration and procedures o Desirable proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics (general knowledge of MSF equipment and kits) o Working with NGO is added advantage
- Proficiency in computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Knowledge of both English and Kiswahili is mandatory.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
People living with disabilities or minorities to indicate in their CV or Motivation letter Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Candidate must be willing to relocate to and live permanently in Liwale, Lindi.
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Monday, January 15th 2024 at 4:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Mikocheni B, Daima street House no 16 Dar es Salaam, or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District or MSF Guest House Kibondo or at MSF office situated in Liwale, Lindi.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact [email protected]
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED