Supply Chain Officer at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to addressing the public health priorities of Tanzania and the world at large. The priorities include: HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH), Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MOH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH has been awarded a 5-year (October 2023 – Sep 2028) cooperative agreement (COAG) to implement the Laboratory for Health project (Lab4Health) ‘’Strengthening the Quality, Accessibility, and Sustainability of the National Health Laboratory System’’ in the United Republic of Tanzania, funded by United States Government President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (USG-PEPFAR), through US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC-Tanzania). In this regard MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies.
Position Title: Supply Chain Officer
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports To: Laboratory Project Manager
Supply Chain Officer – is a self-motivated individual who will work in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health though (MoH) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) though Medical Stores Department (MSD), National AIDS Control Program (NACP) and National TB and Leprosy Program (NTLP), Development and Implementing Partners to improve the national supply chain system for HIV/TB commodities. She/he will be responsible for providing technical support to ensure availability and timely delivery of health commodities to the sites and improve national supply chain system for HIV/TB and related commodities.
Duties and responsibilities;
- Monitor National supply chain indicators for stock management, reporting trends/rates, lead time and stock imbalances to ensure commodity availability.
- Work closely with MSD to determine stock status at National Pipeline and advise key stakeholders accordingly to ensure uninterrupted supply of commodities.
- Work with MOH to identify training needs and facilitate provision of high-quality capacity building to HCWs and commodity managers on proper management of health commodities to meet required supply chain standards.
- Provide technical assistance and support the national quantification and forecasting of health commodities.
- Strengthen communication and collaboration across vertical programs and supply chain stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance in supply chain logistic systems performance to minimize wastage.
- Prepare and share weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports including documenting success stories, best practices, and lessons learned.
- Prepare presentations, participate and/or represent the project in stakeholders’ meetings.
- Support the development of work plans, budgets and its implementation.
- Ensure workplan activities are correctly implemented, completed on time and are of high quality.
- Providing regular information to MOH/NACP/NTLP/PO_RALG and IPs on any challenges associated with commodities
- Liaising with the regional commodity managers on quarterly basis to address any concerns or problems that they are faced with regarding supply chain issues of HIV/TB commodities and related supplies
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Education and Professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, from a recognized institution. An advanced degree in Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
- Registered by the Pharmacy Council of Tanzania.
- A minimum of five (5) years of working experience in a Pharmaceutical and Supply chain environment, preferably in a similar position.
- Work experience in MoH, PORALG, IPs, and RCHMT.
- The ability to identify and work with R/CHMTs and collaborators in the relevant field, especially Laboratory commodities management, etc
- Highest level of integrity.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Must be computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th December, 2023.