Supply Chain Manager at World Vision
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
10% Business Requirements
- Develop Functional Strategy aligning to GSCM Strategy and RO priorities, in coordination with other Departmental and NO Strategy.
- Review and finalize Annual Business Plans
- Proactively engage with suppliers, partners, local authorities, other NGOs, clusters and stakeholders to ensure good coordination and adequate information sharing, address common concerns/problems and seek solutions.
SCM is considered as a Strategic Partner in the National Office.
- Represent the SCM function on NO Strategic Planning & Annual Business Planning process
- Represent the SCM Function in project designs and engage in GAM meetings, Partner – Sub-Grantee Meetings ensuring SCM is engaged early enough to allow professional input during planning stage.
- Prepare Procurement planning guidelines align with Global Guidelines and Planning Calendar and socialize them with all Stakeholders.
- Review the procurement planning and prepare Consolidated Annual Procurement Plan to socialize with NO Management & RSCM and develop the Sourcing Strategy.
- Ensure Annual Procurement Plans are quarterly reviewed with Finance and Operation, and update the Sourcing Plans accordingly.
- Procurement planning & review process is embedded to Planning and Budgeting process.
15% Strategic Sourcing
- Determine the requirement for the Category, Market and Incumbent Supplier based on the Spend Analysis and Annual Procurement Plans.
- Execute the reviewed and approved Sourcing Strategy.
- Develop the Market Assessment and Supplier Pre-Qualification process based on the global polices and process.
- Develop the framework in managing the RFQ/RFP Process including baselines & price survey methodologies.
- Lead negotiations for the High Spend Categories and develop the negotiation strategies and contracting processes for other categories.
- Review Procurement Committee submission documents to ensure their comprehensiveness to allow an informed decision making process.
- Ensure that Strategic Sourcing process and related controls are included in the Partner / Sub-Grantee Assessment Tools for assessment.
- Established Strategic Sourcing which is WV’s standard method of supplier selection, contract awards and procurement process.
15% Supplier Contract and Relationship Management
- Vet (through in-country legal) and finalize, Global Standard contracts for NO use.
- Draft & review supplier contracts for those categories where the vetted global standard contract format is not applicable, and reviews supplier recommended changes.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are embedded for all Strategically Sourced contracts and managed.
- Resolve contract-related issues and improve T&C in contracts and the contracting process.
- Develop supplier on boarding process and supplier relationship management framework including the communication guidelines & Supplier continuous improvement plan.
- WV uses Standard / vetted contracts and managed, maintaining healthy supplier relationship.
5% Procurement Execution
- Ensure all orphaned PRs waiting to be sourced are assigned to the appropriate staff and are actioned in a timely manner.
- Follow Procurement Polices and guidelines in Supplier periodic review mechanism is place of the Buyers’ supplier.
- Ensure, that all gaps are identified relating to the procurement execution (Process, system usage, disputes and etc.) and update / resolve them on a timely manner.
- Smooth flow of day to day procurement operations, ensure timely and quality delivery.
5% Data Management, Analysis and Reporting
- Develop, track, and evaluate procurement metrics including areas of spend analytics, procure-to-pay processes operational efficiencies, and supplier performance to drive procurement strategy development and implementation.
- Design and communicate SCM KPI dashboard to management.
- Conduct regular meeting with staff on KPIs to identify areas for improvement.
- Monitor sourcing projects progress and produce sourcing status reports to management.
- Ensure that Master Data management process is built on global guidelines, ensuring the acceptancy and completeness.
- Operational Data is collected, analysed, interpreted and well managed meeting the SCM Targets.
10% Process, Procedure and Policy
- Understand, interpret and analyze the global policies, processes and guidelines for better adoption at NO level and manage Exception Approval process.
- Drive the policy, process and guidelines implementation plan, defining roles & responsibilities and owners for each step in the SCM process.
- Ensure regularly reviews are done on the procurement policies, processes and guidelines (Source to pay (S2P), logistical, warehousing) to ensure their effectiveness and applicability and advise Regional and Global SCM Teams for possible change and /for improvement.
- Advise National Offices on the acquisition and use of 3PLs
- Ensure adherence of SCM Policies, procedures and Global Standard Processes are implemented and embedded a continuous improvement culture documentation to ensure compliance with WVI & donor regulations of the implementing Partners/Sub-Grantee are being evaluated under Partner / Sub-Grantee Assessment stage and captured them under capacity development plans.
5% Systems Development and Implementation
- Maintain procedures and putting them into operation.
- Plan and execute testing and implementation of major systems.
- Ensure that databases meet user requirements.
- Liaise with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff.
Maximize the usage of all systems / tools / dashboard and well managed operation with external stakeholders.
10% Control and Compliance
- Assess criticality of the Risks identified related to SCM & Procurement and plot them in the Risk Pyramid.
- Develop the risk mitigation plans and embed the to the processes, SoPs and guidelines for implementation and regularly evaluate control measures.
- Monitor adherence to control measures and compliance with WV supply chain policies and guidelines.
- Coordination with regulatory authorities for better understanding of the requirements and guide SCM Unit to comply and monitor the implementation.
- Investigate reported cases breach of controls, frauds, non-compliance, misappropriation of WV funds and assets related to SCM and take corrective measure as per the established NO framework.
- Conduct root cause analysis for external and internal audit findings, prepare respond and the implementation plan and monitor.
- Ensure SCM Policies, procedures and internal control system is strong enough to safeguard WV funds and authorities allocated to Partners and Sub-Grantees underthe partnering arrangement. Any gaps should be captured at Partner / Sub-Grantee Assessment stage and build ontocapacity development p
Leadership and Coaching
- Provide leadership to Supply Chain Department to ensure Our Promise strategy is embedded in the Department’s annual objective and day to day work.
- Manage the performance of direct reports through performance reviews, frequent conversations and other method as appropriate. Be courageous in providing coaching or feedback for continuous performance improvement.
- Ensure that all Supply Chain staff members understand Procurement Policies, Processes, and Systems.
- Plan and coordinate departmental meetings to review status of tasks and update Senior Management Team on the progress of the departments’ functions.
- Lead monthly appropriate review meeting to address open procurement issues/performance and provide solution.
- Mitigate Financial Risk and avoid significant financial risk ratings in procurement for both World Vision program and Partners.
5% Training and Capacity Building
- Coordinate, participate in, and/or train staff from Supply Chain and other WVI Departments on WVI Procurement, Policies, Processes, and Systems.
- Develop Partners’ / Sub-Grantees’ capacity assessment and capacity building framework / guidelines are developed, leveraging the most recent regulatory best practices.
- Train the SCM Team and other internal stakeholder in using the framework for capacity assessment and developing capacity building plans for Partners / Sub-
- Ensure the capacity building plans are implemented, monitored and take corrective measures for identified gaps/ deviations.
Availability of well-trained SCM team managing the operation.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contracts management, contracts administration and/or logistics, of which three (3) years of experience directly related to first-hand procurement and/or contracting is required.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing staff
- Substantive experience working in the INGO sector dealing with multiple donor funds and meeting different donor requirements
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- University Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Engineering, or Business Administration, or equivalent professional qualification (advanced CIPS)
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time. Train the SCM Team and other internal stakeholder using the framework for capacity assessment and developing capacity building plans for Partners / Sub- Grantees.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Contact (within WV or outside WV)
- Senior Leadership Team
- Cluster Managers
- WVT Vendors
All assignment done by Supply Chain Manager are escalated to Division Director for approval.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st December, 2022.